2014 Durango 2nd row center console removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 11:50 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013hemi-rt
Awesome thank you I was looking to do this with my console as well!
Happy to help.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:39 PM
Meli1982
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Console removal

Just bought 2014 RT... In love .. Nice upgrade from my 2011. However.. I want that console gone.. We have 4 kids and one of my kids will be getting a service dog.. Which I wanted to be able to lay in that space.. Dealer told me ALL rt come that way.. Well after reading the post he was wrong.. I have the upgraded one.. What are my options ??? HELP.. It's nice but the reason I got the captains chairs was for the space...thanks😀

Old 03-30-2014, 08:25 AM
Ohio55

Originally Posted by Meli1982
Just bought 2014 RT... In love .. Nice upgrade from my 2011. However.. I want that console gone.. We have 4 kids and one of my kids will be getting a service dog.. Which I wanted to be able to lay in that space.. Dealer told me ALL rt come that way.. Well after reading the post he was wrong.. I have the upgraded one.. What are my options ??? HELP.. It's nice but the reason I got the captains chairs was for the space...thanks😀
Congrats on your new purchase. As I mentioned on the 2nd page of this thread, I made this change on my 2013 RT. So unless Dodge made changes to those parts for '14, it should be an easy swap for the mini (floor) console, which is basically a flat console about an inch high containing a step plate and two shallow cupholders. This thread has a picture of the mini console:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-question.html

One Dodge dealer told me the change couldn't be done - another said absolutely you can change them, and did it in about 15 minutes (after getting the parts). It was a piece of cake. Good luck.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:25 AM
IEWRX
Professional

I do not see a manufacvturer going to the expense of making seperate or different parts for with or without the optional console.
Back in the day on my LX Mustang I learned this. It had the wires and harness for the fog lights that were on the GT.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Rnutr

Did anyone ever find out if you can get the armrests for the second row captains chairs? We have the upgraded console and was thinking of swapping it out for the standard one so the kids had easier access to the third row. But if I did that then I would need to add on the armrests to the chairs.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:34 AM
Demetriew

Originally Posted by Rnutr
Did anyone ever find out if you can get the armrests for the second row captains chairs? We have the upgraded console and was thinking of swapping it out for the standard one so the kids had easier access to the third row. But if I did that then I would need to add on the armrests to the chairs.
I just got my Durango yesterday and I want the mini dash as well. In update on armrest.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:03 PM
Akfinest
Rookie

I never got around installing the "optional full console" (see post #18). If anyone is interested send me a PM. Thanks

Last edited by Akfinest; 02-18-2015 at 10:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-20-2015, 06:45 PM
beowulf

Originally Posted by Akfinest
I never got around installing the "optional full console" (see post #18). If anyone is interested send me a PM. Thanks
So did you decide not to because of installation issues? Approximately how tall is the console compared to the seats? We got bucket seats due to deal on a '14. The dogs ride on the seats and we'd like a level surface between them. I'm thinking I may have to make something custom.

Thanks

Old 04-22-2015, 10:03 PM
Akfinest
Rookie
Cool

Beowulf: Sorry, did not see your question until today. I still have the Durango R/T but just purchased a new 2015 Jeep Sahara, so I am busy doing mods on the new Jeep.

Let me know if you still need the info on the console.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:48 PM
PeanutGallery

I had the dealer swap the bigger console for the lower in-floor console as a condition of purchase - we have 3 kids (2 in boosters, one in a rear-facing convertible seat) and needed the clear center aisle for easy access to the 3rd row. We did not add the armrests - I didn't even know the seats were different until several months later, but we haven't missed them. I figure by the time those matter I'll either have a different vehicle or can add swap the consoles back.

Quick Reply: 2014 Durango 2nd row center console removal