3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

8.5 vs. 10 inch rim width?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 09:51 AM
ufokillerz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJNewman
Depends how wide your tires are. My 285 can go full lock either way.
looking at oem srt wheels with the pirelli tires 295/45r20
fingers crossed they will work.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:24 PM
n10ss1
Amateur

Sir...I just noticed you have Brembos on your DD. I just ordered my '14 DD R/T and would like to put Brembos on her as well. Will Cherokee SRT8 Brembos "plug N Play"?

Old 04-01-2014, 08:39 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Yes but some wheels wont work with them I believe.
STEVE

Old 04-02-2014, 12:08 AM
ufokillerz
Veteran

Originally Posted by n10ss1
Sir...I just noticed you have Brembos on your DD. I just ordered my '14 DD R/T and would like to put Brembos on her as well. Will Cherokee SRT8 Brembos "plug N Play"?
need new wheels that are compatible with SRT8
but it is plug and play

Old 04-02-2014, 08:32 AM
salrt
Professional

MJ is running Lexani's in 22x9, which are like mine with a good amount of concavity to the wheel. Make sure the Jeep re-pops will fit the Brembo's (the new 'spider' type probably will, but not sure about the 5-spokes). I looked at the 5-spokes and they are pretty much straight (i.e. no concaity at all). I think the concave nature of the wheel gives more clearence compared to the Jeep re-pops. Also, my 22x9's with 285's come right to the edge of the fenders/quarters. A 10" wheel will stick out with the 35mm offset that I have on the wheels (especially with a 295/305 on them). I'm not sure you have the clearance on the front to go with a different offset to set them in w/o hitting at full lock. I think you'll be OK on the rear, but the front will likely present you with a problem. Of course this is just my opinion based on what I see with my 22x9's since I obviously didn't try the 10" rims. I doubt you'll be able to request a custom offset on the Jeep re-pops. You'll likely have to go with a higher-end custom wheel to do that, which will be much more expensive. Lastly, as mentioned earlier, staggard will look sweet but you won't be able to rotate the tires which means you'll be replacing them much earlier...

Old 04-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Imamad1
Rookie

Originally Posted by salrt
MJ is running Lexani's in 22x9, which are like mine with a good amount of concavity to the wheel. Make sure the Jeep re-pops will fit the Brembo's (the new 'spider' type probably will, but not sure about the 5-spokes). I looked at the 5-spokes and they are pretty much straight (i.e. no concaity at all). I think the concave nature of the wheel gives more clearence compared to the Jeep re-pops. Also, my 22x9's with 285's come right to the edge of the fenders/quarters. A 10" wheel will stick out with the 35mm offset that I have on the wheels (especially with a 295/305 on them). I'm not sure you have the clearance on the front to go with a different offset to set them in w/o hitting at full lock. I think you'll be OK on the rear, but the front will likely present you with a problem. Of course this is just my opinion based on what I see with my 22x9's since I obviously didn't try the 10" rims. I doubt you'll be able to request a custom offset on the Jeep re-pops. You'll likely have to go with a higher-end custom wheel to do that, which will be much more expensive. Lastly, as mentioned earlier, staggard will look sweet but you won't be able to rotate the tires which means you'll be replacing them much earlier...

The 10" will not work on the front without a complete custom wheel. Even then, it could rub. I went staggered and it looks just perfect. 295 in the rear, 265 in the front.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:46 PM
crankish
Amateur

I have 22 x 10.5 wheels w/ a +35 offset on order and 2 of them came in. I test fit one up front w/ a 305/40 and ran into no clearance issues other than a slight rubbing on the fabric lining closest to the firewall when turning the wheel all the way and it only sticks out a few mm's, barely noticeable. I haven't test drove it yet but I don't foresee any problems. If so, I will need to go down to a 305/35. The 305/40 will be about an inch more in diameter compared to the stock 265/50/20 setup.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:35 PM
salrt
Professional

Be sure to post pictures when you get them on. I thought for sure the 10" wheels with 305's would look like a rollerscate. I'll be kicking myself if they don't stick out. I'm all about big rubber. Guess I liked steam rollers as a kid...LOL

Old 04-02-2014, 11:09 PM
crankish
Amateur

Originally Posted by salrt
Be sure to post pictures when you get them on. I thought for sure the 10" wheels with 305's would look like a rollerscate. I'll be kicking myself if they don't stick out. I'm all about big rubber. Guess I liked steam rollers as a kid...LOL

I definitely will. I'm all about going as wide as possible without sticking out as well. It's all about the stance!

Old 04-06-2014, 10:05 PM
woblik
Veteran

I just found a set of gloss black 22x10 srt8 reps 5x5 bolt pattern. They have tires (minimal tread) and he only wants $800, may be able to talk him down a little.

Has anyone had issues with the 10" width. What size tire to go with the 10"?

Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply: 8.5 vs. 10 inch rim width?