3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

New harness from Idatalink Maestro is now available to swap to a Kenwood

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 05:31 AM
firefox7518
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, but which stock items then? Because Bluetooth and USB Port are not really worth mentioning it because this things are normally already built in in "smart" radios. And showing the Radio station in the evic is the only stock item which is missing. That's why I'm asking.

The only thing which is missing is the ability to read the Can codes. At the moment I use a OBD bluetooth adapter and Torque and connect my OneX with the pioneer Radio.
With the ARLiberator app on the phone you can control your mobile on the Radio screen and you have a Android headunit. :-)

Old 03-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Poki

I'm hoping someone can help me out here

Does anyone know what the EVIC displays with the Maestro harness?
Specifically, when used with a non idatalink compatible radio.

I tried asking their customer service, but one guy says it "displays nothing" while another guy says it displays "Radio On".

The PAC harness is an alternative option, but it displays "RadioOn" or "RadioOff" in the EVIC, when the receiver is on or off; I just think it would be a nice touch if the EVIC didn't display anything. . .

Further important point, NON idatalink compatible radios...

Old 03-06-2014, 04:22 PM
firefox7518
Rookie

I have a pioneer 8500 and the PAC. It just shows you this radio on message if you are in the top menu of the EVIC. Otherwise I don't see any message about the radio. I also normally have the Vehicle infos or fuel consumption screens activated. But there you don't see any message about a radio.... so don't be to concerned about that.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Poki

Originally Posted by firefox7518
I have a pioneer 8500 and the PAC. It just shows you this radio on message if you are in the top menu of the EVIC. Otherwise I don't see any message about the radio. I also normally have the Vehicle infos or fuel consumption screens activated. But there you don't see any message about a radio.... so don't be to concerned about that.
yeah, no thanks.

Doesn't answer my question, but just in case anyone else is interested. I contacted ADS support again, and I was assured that with the Maestro harness, they do not populate text onto the EVIC, unless its radio specific text that is only compatible with 'idatalink compatible' receivers. I'm going to order their harness, can't wait.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:17 AM
capikoo

hello everyone, i just bought a 2014 durango sxt with the 5.0 connect. my question is am i able to remove the 5.0 screen and install an after market radio like the pioneer aviv 8000 nex? its a 7 inch double din nav system..will the environmental controls still work if i remove the factory 5.0 uconnect.? thank you

Quick Reply: New harness from Idatalink Maestro is now available to swap to a Kenwood