3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Am I the first to change from 2011 to 2014?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:27 AM
fishandgrits
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can settle it for the two of you, redline is the best color option. lol

To the posts earlier in the thread, 12K beating on a trade in is redicoulous. I would never sign on that deal. Shop price, not payment! Ouch!!!!!!!

Old 01-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Leman
Rookie

Originally Posted by SUNBURNTsnype
Yeah i agree with you about the first model year bugs as well. A '15 would definitely be preferable to a '14.

Thanks.
Damn, Microsoft make it?!?

Hope my '14 is a V2.1 then

As for depreciation, everything depreciates, which is why I lease not buy.... and if one waits for the next version, nobody will buy it and they go bust. Which is strange as it works for Microsoft..... (Bring out a faulty version, then follow it with another faulty version, every one then hopes the next one version is better :-) )

Old 01-28-2014, 03:15 PM
Crew Member
Professional

Originally Posted by Leman
As for depreciation, everything depreciates, which is why I lease not buy....
Uh, you do know you pay for the depreciation either way? Thing that sucks about leasing is you have no hope of having some equity in the car you can use as a down payment on your next car. I've traded in all my cars every 2 or 3 years and was never upside down. Just gotta be smart about it (e.g. get great deals to begin with).

Old 01-29-2014, 06:35 PM
Pdwelch2000
Rookie

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
Yeah that wasn't a very good deal at all!
They actually don't depreciate that much.
STEVE
Wish you were right... But you're not. Dodge has one of the lowest resale values. Heavily documented by Consumer Reports, Edmunds, and KBB. Five different dealers. All hit same. Only saving grace was I got the new one $2G under employee pricing.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:58 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

As long as you are content in your deal and you are happy...
STEVE

Old 01-29-2014, 11:27 PM
SUNBURNTsnype
Professional

Originally Posted by Orin500XL
Did I fall asleep again? You make it sound like there was a major redesign of the DD between '13 and '14, and maybe an upcoming one between the '14 and '15. The ony major change I know of from '11 to '14 has been the new 8-speed transmission, everything else has been cosmetic tweeks (new dash, rotary shifter, taillights etc.).
But you are correct about avoiding first-year models as they often have more bugs yet to be corrected. The DD was an exception from what I've read and even in the first year of production hard asses like Consumer's Report gave the truck very high marks.
Well when you figure theres an entirely new electrical architecture, a brand new dash, infotainment/radio/nav system, and the new tranny with all the new shiftpoints and tuning to go with the 8 speed... there is a lot of opportunity for bugs or issues to be found as more vehicles are bought and more miles are put on them than what can be done in preproduction testing. Dont get me wrong.... i understand what youre saying---its not a completely new vehicle---its mid cycle refresh, and there is minor cosmetic stuff--- but you also have to realize there is some significant changes in the electrical and electronics, which is where the potential really exists for "first year bugs". Plus, thre are usually more options and features that become available with subsequent model years, for example my '12 RT only had available heated seats, but the '13 RTs had available heated and ventilated seats, among other options like blacktop packages, wheel color options, 2nd row seating options, colors, etc.

Im not bagging on the '14's...on the contrary---i wish i had one like those of you who have made the switch...im just saying that since i want to wait a few years( due to finances), that it is mutually beneficial since i can get a subsequent model year that hopefully has any issues with the '14's corrected or dealt with, and possibly more options or features to choose from at the same time.

And for those of you who mention leasing... to each their own...but i actually like to look forward to a day without a car payment and enjoy the equity you get in a vehicle. I judt wish I could have had an 8 speed in '12 instead of having to wait and trade up years later.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:51 PM
cjlucas78
Rookie

I am about to make the jump and trade in my 12 for a 14 this week, look forward to new changes/tweaks in the newer model.

Old 05-20-2014, 02:48 AM
richcory

We made the 12 to 14 jump on Sunday. The transmission is light years better

Old 05-20-2014, 09:09 AM
cjlucas78
Rookie

Originally Posted by richcory
We made the 12 to 14 jump on Sunday. The transmission is light years better
I noticed that when I test drove it too, suspension rides a lot smoother as well. You can feel a difference simply backing up even.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:43 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

No difference in suspension at all. Maybe your previous was a different model or some components on your 12 were worn out.
STEVE

Quick Reply: Am I the first to change from 2011 to 2014?