3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

At what cost would you take a '13 over a '14?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 08:39 PM
SlvrSnake
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Renink
This is what I hate about dealers.... I will just post the options I sent to one of the dealers and not include the rest of my email.

Option 1:
2014 Dodge Durango R/T AWD in Maximum Steel Metallic (May consider Granite Crystal but not the preferred color)
Options: Power Sunroof, Radio: Uconnect 8.4an AM/FM/Sxm/HD/Nav, Trailer Tow Group IV, Premium Nappa Leather Group, Technology Group, Standard Wheels" 20"xx.0" Prem Painted Aluminum (Hyper Black)

Option 2:
2014 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD in Maximum Steel Metallic - Black Interior (May consider Granite Crystal but not the preferred color) 3.6l V6
Options: Trailer Tow Group IV, Technology Group, Skid Plate Group (Not as mandatory)

Both options should include a bench in the second row since I am not interested in the captain's chairs. I would like to know what would be your out the door price not including rebates and I would also like to know what rebates are available with these two options. "

Here is their response.
Great to meet you! I have just read your email and will do my very best to deliver the best vehicle purchasing experience you've had!

Here's your preferred pricing on BOTH options for the 2014 Dodge Durango:
Option1: $46,364 (minus $1000 available cash rebate, unless you take the special financing rates)
Option2: $46,250 (minus $1000 available cash rebate, unless you take the special financing rates)

Would love to set up a test drive at your convenience. The only factor is that these vehicles are rare within the limits and options you've set. That's alright. We can factory order them for you, at which point would take about 6-8 weeks standard shipping time. I have seen them as fast as 3! =)

Is that the sticker prices they put in there with the generous rebate they gave you? If so, what a bunch of *** goblins!

I bet you the vehicles had pin strips because that makes them very rare and desirable. Plus they come with the 4 tire rubber on ground performance option that is a must have. You are going to love it!

Old 02-20-2014, 08:44 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

I can't believe they sent you that pricing.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:45 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Where ya located Renink?
Maybe someone can lead you to a decent dealer
STEVE

Old 02-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Renink
Amateur

Nyc, ny

Last edited by Renink; 02-20-2014 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Fixing case
Old 02-20-2014, 08:53 PM
SlvrSnake
Rookie

Before I ordered the RT I went to a dealer in South Jersey that pulled the same crap. Sticker was $48,520. First tried the regional adjustment non-sense and upped the price to $49,000 and then subtracted the 1K rebate. Low balled the crap out of trade.

Then they came up on the trade to a more reasonable price and the took the rebate off the sticker minus $100 dollars. So the car price was $47,400 ($48,520 - $100 - $1,000 rebate)

I tried to actually then reason with them and point out the utter ridiculous price pointing out that they were giving me nothing off the car at all. Looked at me like I had three heads.

After that I just kept interrupting demanding the keys to my truck so I could the F out of there.

I don't understand how dealers like that stay in business to be honest.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:01 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

If you want I can hook you up with My dealer in NJ 18 miles away from you?
I know they will make it work for you.
The irony is my D came from a dealership in NY last year.
PRECISION JEEP CHRYSLER DODGE BUTLER NJ
1341 State Route 23, Butler, NJ 07405
(973) 838-6808 Ask for Marv Wellins Tell him STeve with the WHite Durango R/T sent you. THey have plenty of all types in stock.
STEVE

Old 02-20-2014, 09:05 PM
SlvrSnake
Rookie

I think sometimes you just have to deal with someone who is in charge when it comes to setting the prices when you can. Some salesmen just seem totally lost in space when you try and deal with them and just play dumb.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Renink
Amateur

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
If you want I can hook you up with My dealer in NJ 18 miles away from you?
I know they will make it work for you.
The irony is my D came from a dealership in NY last year.
PRECISION JEEP CHRYSLER DODGE BUTLER NJ
1341 State Route 23, Butler, NJ 07405
(973) 838-6808 Ask for Marv Wellins Tell him STeve with the WHite Durango R/T sent you. THey have plenty of all types in stock.
STEVE
Thank you so much Steve, I will definitely reach out to them. You should have seen my jaw when I opened up that email. It actually pissed me off. I basically told them if they aren't going to be serious about pricing, not to bother sending me any other emails.

45minute drive for me but for the right deal I would easily take the ride and visit my buddy in NJ.

Last edited by Renink; 02-20-2014 at 09:07 PM. Reason: addition info
Old 02-20-2014, 09:17 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Its not a Bad ride. Give Marv a call tommorow and make sure he will be there Sat.
Good Luck
STEVE

Old 02-20-2014, 09:33 PM
alfie43
Amateur

renick,
Dealerships can price a vehicle at what ever amount they want. We live in a free market system. Calling them names and other offensive remarks does nothing to help you get a better price. Comparison shopping does; smart consumers leverage one dealership against the other. Find a couple more dealerships and show them your quotes and get the three of them to compete with the other.

I priced your vehicle on truecar.com with your selected options and that dealership's quote looked to be around $2000-$3000 too high.

Two weeks ago I ordered my 2014 Durango R/T - AWD, with Nappa Leather, Technology Group, Nav Radio and the standard Hyper Black Wheels. I found that if you couple that Technology Group with the standard 2nd row bench seat, that combination is almost impossible to find. The dealerships are not ordering them that way for their stock.

My dealer and I searched for a 500 mile radius and couldn't find an R/T equipped that way. It looks like you'll have to order one, as I did.

Mariano (Alfie)

Last edited by alfie43; 02-21-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Quick Reply: At what cost would you take a '13 over a '14?