3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Tail lights tinted by blackedoutlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 12:11 AM
SteelR/TAZ
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys the tint is not that dark, I will take pictures tomorrow with the tail lights on .. you can clearly see them just fine. Here is a shot in the dark.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:04 AM
cjlucas78
Rookie

That is pretty bright, the new tail lights are extremely bright, so tinting them may help to not blind other drivers, lol

Old 05-21-2014, 10:56 AM
crankish
Amateur

I personally am not a fan of completely blacking out taillights or smoking headlights. I see so many cars with them and it just doesn't look right and to not mention the light output is drastically diminished making it a serious safety issue. What I did was lightly smoke the clear lens just enough to give it a custom look. No issues w/ light output whatsoever. SteelR/TAZ did the same too, just painted everything minus the clear lens just enough to tone it down without affecting the light output.

And the guy uses urethane as opposed to lacquer which is a much better paint which spreads evenly and is more durable.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:05 PM
SteelR/TAZ
Veteran

okay my bad on the paint type thanks for the correction crankish

Old 05-21-2014, 09:37 PM
crankish
Amateur

Originally Posted by SteelR/TAZ
okay my bad on the paint type thanks for the correction crankish

No problem brutha!

Old 05-22-2014, 05:45 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bottomline to each his own... as stated a number of posts back the look both of you guys went for here is popping up as standard fair on sport models of many car manufacturers. I can see the issue raised and article posted if you completely black out your lights and affect the light transfer radically but a subtle tint gives a custom look without issue imo.. hell some guys won't mod because it "voids your warranty" or tint a window because you might not pass inspection 5 years down the line. At the end of the day you foot the note every month so mod to your needs and desires!

Old 05-23-2014, 02:51 AM
crankish
Amateur

Originally Posted by CMil527
Bottomline to each his own... as stated a number of posts back the look both of you guys went for here is popping up as standard fair on sport models of many car manufacturers. I can see the issue raised and article posted if you completely black out your lights and affect the light transfer radically but a subtle tint gives a custom look without issue imo.. hell some guys won't mod because it "voids your warranty" or tint a window because you might not pass inspection 5 years down the line. At the end of the day you foot the note every month so mod to your needs and desires!
Yes you are correct my fellow D owner!

Last edited by crankish; 05-23-2014 at 03:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Tail lights tinted by blackedoutlights