3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Alternator

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 03:17 PM
2012sxt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wi-steve
You say it as if getting any of the recall work done is even an option. My dealer just about laughed when I asked about getting recall service done. The parts they need for this must be about as readily available as unicorn poop. They told me I'm on a wait list for the brake recall components. Yeah right. Expecting the call any day.

Steve
they just did my brake booster recall when i went in for a hood latch replacement...damn hood latch was telling the car the hood was open when it wasnt, and it wouldnt let me remote start because of it...so while it was in they went ahead and did the brake booster recall...so parts are available for that now but still no parts available for the alternator at my dealer here in south FL

Old 12-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Claus Graf
Rookie
Default P60 Recall

Got my P60 Recall in the mail.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:19 AM
steve82

Originally Posted by steve82
We were in Yellowstone with no cell service a week ago and our battery light illuminated. The owners manual said to service the vehicle immediately. We continued to drive until things started to act funny. Examples: heat from air vents, service park assist came on message center, air bag light then the power steering stopped working, windshield wipers started to move and then the engine shut off. We were able to pull off into a safe pull off area in the park. A friendly motor home group came over and tried to jump my Durango. After letting it charge a few minutes I approached the front of the car and found the alternator was smoking horrendously. We doused it with water bottles and kept the fire extinguisher near just in case. The car has multiple components that need replaced and are covered under the Maxcare. However, we had to leave the car in Wyoming due to having to go back to work and the vehicle is not fixed. To this day the Durnago is still not fixed due to waiting on parts. I believe Dodge should ship my car back to me after it has been fixed. I mean really the car only has 46,000 miles. It is hard for me to trust the vehicle that almost caught on fire.
Updat on our altenator disaster. I had to fly back up to Wyoming to get our Durango back. I drove it back home and Mopar warranty sent us a check for our trip interruption allowance. We did have overages! Once the recall showed up at the house we contacted Mopar warranty again and I received my check yesterday for the overages in our trip interruption. Maybe Mopar Cares really do care. After it is said and done I would buy another Mopar product.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:40 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by steve82
Updat on our altenator disaster. I had to fly back up to Wyoming to get our Durango back. I drove it back home and Mopar warranty sent us a check for our trip interruption allowance. We did have overages! Once the recall showed up at the house we contacted Mopar warranty again and I received my check yesterday for the overages in our trip interruption. Maybe Mopar Cares really do care. After it is said and done I would buy another Mopar product.
Thanks for sharing your experience and continuing to be a Mopar customer.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Claus Graf
Rookie
Default Alternator Recall

I got my check ($ 817.00) in the mail last week. Thanks Regina. Thanks Dodge.

Sincerely

Claus Graf

Old 06-03-2015, 07:18 AM
Claus Graf
Rookie
Default Alternator Recall

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
I concur with FSTDANGO3.
UPDATE: I got my alternator replaced yesterday (2 - June- 2015)y at Allen Samuels Dodge Katy (Texas). The Durango has 64k miles. Dropped the vehicle in the morning and got it back the same day. Always get great service at this dealer.

Thanks

Claus Graf

Old 06-09-2015, 09:22 AM
Claus Graf
Rookie
Default Alternator

Drove out of town this weekend, total 1300+ miles without problems. Got 25 MPG. Alternator working fine!

Claus Graf

Old 08-13-2015, 09:14 PM
jnschnit
Rookie

62k miles and my alternator light came on, checked belt- ok, hung a voltmeter on the alternator and it is only putting out about 12v. Alternator is extremely hot. Called dealer and a new alternator is $625 with a re-manufactured going for $390 with $110 for labor. Mine is the 180 amp size. Normally I would install it myself but for $110 someone else can bust their knuckles. I am getting to old for that crap. Oh yeah, it is going to take a week to get the part.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:14 PM
GDM
Professional

Seems like you would be covered by the recall mentioned throughout this thread, so should be no need to bust knuckles hopefully.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:43 PM
jnschnit
Rookie

GDM - I am going to keep an eye on the recall, but I have the 180 amp alternator which does not seem to be covered. Will make sure I keep the receipts.

Quick Reply: Alternator