3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2012 warranty issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 03:23 PM
funkydodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 warranty issues

Hello all,

I have a 2012 crew with the upgraded 20'' polished wheels. My Durango has had a lot of fit and finish problems unfortunately. I love the truck but do fear the long term reliability....no fun spending 40k on a car and having it in the shop every other month.

Anyway most recently my wheels have been peeling again (already replaced once under warranty) is it worth asking dodge to change the wheels to another type? I was thinking the chrome clads found on the Citadel or the '14 polished aluminum type? Or am I just looking for a headache?

Second issue is a severe seat squeek. They removed the backing and said the lumbar was dry and lubed/greased it up. The noise is a bit better now but they said due to the design it will come back with a vengeance! What are my options here?

Thanks for reading.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:54 AM
Waynead
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The plastic chrome wheels on my 2012 Citadel haven't had any issues. I go off warranty in a couple of thousand miles.

My two areas of concern are : Since a software change to reduce a clunk on acceleration, my mpg seems to have dropped by a couple of miles. Second, when making a tight turn from a stop the differentials seem to bind. I know this happens to some degree in AWD vehicles (I've owned many) but it seems excessive in the Durango.

Quick Reply: 2012 warranty issues