3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Is it possible to order an R/T with non-Black interior?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 05:12 PM
Juice75
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to order an R/T with non-Black interior?

Anybody know if it's possible to order an R/T with the tan/black interior? I've never ordered a car before, so not sure if I'm limited to just the options listed for that model.

I like the R/T, but all black leather in hot Texas summers scares me.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:16 PM
doolimited

Im pretty sure its only a black option. You can get the Air cooled seats as an option.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:55 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juice75
Anybody know if it's possible to order an R/T with the tan/black interior? I've never ordered a car before, so not sure if I'm limited to just the options listed for that model. I like the R/T, but all black leather in hot Texas summers scares me.
I'm in houston and the ac seats makes up for the black color, I will never own one without ac seats again

Old 05-29-2014, 07:40 PM
Fullslp
Captain

RT= all Black. Heck they have to save something for the Citadel or no one would ever buy one. X3 on the cooled seats and remote start. If it's over 90 I'm pre starting and cooling that sucker down. Wife didn't want black either but how can you complain when it's 75 in the cab and your seats are nice and cool.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:13 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

All Black leather only
You could do a Full Katzkin interior when you get it and you can choose any colors you want
STEVE

Old 05-29-2014, 10:04 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran

I am always perplexed at why people would select a unique model and then try to change it from what makes it "that model". You might diminish the value of the R/T without correct interior. If you don't want black, you'll have to buy another model that does have light interior. Positive note- the black ventilated seats stay nice and cool and black seats don't get dirty like light leather does.

Last edited by WannaV-8; 05-30-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:26 PM
Snafu7
Amateur

Max Steel w black leather and it hit 90 here in GA/SC and no problems with swamp butt without the cooled seats. That's close to black on black. That AC bottoms out at 60 degrees. Just got my Durango Tuesday and drove it home in the heat for 3 hours. It sat in the heat while I made a few stops and wasn't stifling when I returned and I didn't even use the remote start. I think with insulation, body materials and a capable air conditioner you just won't notice heat like you would in 90's and earlier model cars.

I hate heat. My house is 70 all the time. If I don't have an issue with regular black leather seats I don't see how you would with the air cooled.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:29 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Man wish I had the AC seats and not just heat in mine. Ill trade with someone, ill take the AC seats for cool seats, any takers??

Old 05-30-2014, 11:44 AM
Juice75

Thanks for all the info. I figured black was the only option, but you don't know for sure unless you ask.

If I go with an R/T, will definitely get the Nappa option for the ventilated seats. Sounds like it's the only way to go.

Quick Reply: Is it possible to order an R/T with non-Black interior?