3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Durango 2.5inch lift. suspension help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Thekoning
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wi-steve
Very nice. Are you guys modifying the speedo somehow to keep it accurate when increasing tire diameter?

My stock Forteras are just about as low on tread as I am comfortable with... you are planting ideas in my head.

Steve
No, the speedo changes by about 4% with 2 inch bigger tires so its not a hugely significant amount. All vehicles come from the factory with the speedo already saying your going faster than you are anyway. This it should just be more accurate now.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:56 PM
promo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NYHunter1
I did the 2.5" kit from Rocky Road ..[/I]
Very nice report. So, without the cost of the tire upgrade, what were your costs to do the lift?

Where are you located? I ask because I'd love to find a shop who has already done the upgrade. I'm down in Wilmington, DE and would not mind traveling a couple of hours to have the work done.

Lastly… could you report your ground clearances with the upgrade in place. I know it's a 2.5" lift kit, but please confirm the measurements. I figure you're tires provide about a 1/2" more height than my Firestone Destination AT upgrade tires.

Old 11-26-2014, 05:43 PM
NYHunter1

Thanks Erik, your truck looks awesome, like I said thats what made up my mind to do the work, the goodyear's were my second choice also because the did not offer the KO2's in the size I wanted and if your ever heading down this way let me know, alot of "D" owners around here. Be Well and Thanks again for all your very helpful posts....
R.C.

Old 11-26-2014, 06:11 PM
NYHunter1

Wi-steve, the only way I know of is to use a programmer to get the speedo 100% accurate but Like The koning said the 4 % that it may be off is to me not worth $400% - $500 for a programmer.

promo, the lift cost $409 from Rocky Road Outfitters the labor cost I cant give because I did it at a friends shop with him, but you can try to gauge it on 7 hours labor with 4 wheel alignment, depending on the shop. We got it done in 6.5 hours with the alignment and installing 4 mud flaps and we stopped for lunch. As far as the clearances go prior to the lift and tires the measurements at the center lip of the front wheel well was 32 1/4" the rear was 33" now the front measures 36 5/8 and the rear is 37 3/8, I hope this helps.... R.C.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:54 AM
nicola.dinisio
Rookie

Originally Posted by Thekoning
No, the speedo changes by about 4% with 2 inch bigger tires so its not a hugely significant amount. All vehicles come from the factory with the speedo already saying your going faster than you are anyway. This it should just be more accurate now.
In my 2011 Durango the error is +5% (compared to GPS derived speed measurement).
So with your +4%, you shoud be pretty spot on!

Old 11-27-2014, 11:10 AM
Thekoning
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nicola.dinisio
In my 2011 Durango the error is +5% (compared to GPS derived speed measurement).
So with your +4%, you shoud be pretty spot on!
Good to know, thank you!

Old 11-27-2014, 01:28 PM
promo

Originally Posted by NYHunter1
promo, the lift cost $409 from Rocky Road Outfitters the labor cost I cant give because I did it at a friends shop with him, but you can try to gauge it on 7 hours labor with 4 wheel alignment, depending on the shop. We got it done in 6.5 hours with the alignment and installing 4 mud flaps and we stopped for lunch. As far as the clearances go prior to the lift and tires the measurements at the center lip of the front wheel well was 32 1/4" the rear was 33" now the front measures 36 5/8 and the rear is 37 3/8, I hope this helps.... R.C.
Thanks… As far as clearances, I meant ground clearances. If you have any measurements for new ground clearances I would love to see them.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:38 AM
HEMI-WAGON
Rookie
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Thekoning
I dont think the lift actually allows for more room at all. You might be fine with this tire size
I can attest that you can DEFINITELY fit this tire size without a lift. I am running Yokohama Geolander A/T-S on my 2011 Crew without a lift in 275/65/18 on stock wheels. They will probably rub without a lift on the R/T. I plan to install the 2.5" lift as soon as it comes in. Been waiting over a week now.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:16 AM
Nyaristo

Looks great! I'm just going to wait till my warranty is up before I start putting things together but I will be collecting my build! I have 9k on my 14 Citadel 91k miles to go or 5yrs

Old 12-09-2014, 11:07 PM
medic-rango

That is totally awesome! Both of you guys' 3g's look freaking amazing! Thankfully I have discussed with my wife (as we just got this d-rango) and she most certainly approves! So I have yet to order anything for it yet... and I also will have Medic equipment in it as well... So I will take some pics when I get around to it! I just wanted to say thanks for showing me all that I needed to know!!!

Quick Reply: Durango 2.5inch lift. suspension help!