3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Durango 2.5inch lift. suspension help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 02:52 PM
salrt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes that 2014 look down-right girly! I went the other direction with mine, but now you have me thinking it would look pretty good lifted. Probably to invested the other direction for a change. I'll tell ya though, I just can't figure why people are trading their 11-13 D's for the 14's. I think the front end of ours looks soooo much better (rear lights/back end too for that matter). Just don't like the lights on the 14's (racetrack lights on a SUV looks dumb IMHO)... Yea, I know...I'm in the minority here...

Old 11-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by salrt
Makes that 2014 look down-right girly! I went the other direction with mine, but now you have me thinking it would look pretty good lifted. Probably to invested the other direction for a change. I'll tell ya though, I just can't figure why people are trading their 11-13 D's for the 14's. I think the front end of ours looks soooo much better (rear lights/back end too for that matter). Just don't like the lights on the 14's (racetrack lights on a SUV looks dumb IMHO)... Yea, I know...I'm in the minority here...
Jealous

Old 11-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Thekoning
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by salrt
Thanks! ya im a fan of the 2014 race lights tho, if it ever becomes cheep to retro fit, ill be on it!
yes its bigger than a stock 14, but if i pull beside any lifted pickup it still feels short. :P

Old 11-04-2014, 10:40 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Originally Posted by Wash Man
Jealous
About sums it up, didn't even give the transmission a nod, cmon now!!!

Old 11-04-2014, 03:27 PM
salrt
Professional

I might like the transmission...I did like playing Pong as a kid...LOL! Actually, I'd like the 8-speed, but I know I'd hate the "dial a gear" thing. I drive around with my arm on the arm rest and hand on the shifter all the time. While I may get used to it eventually, I don't think I'd ever really like it. Hey, it is basically the same truck, just a few cosmetic changes. I happen to like the old look...lots like the new...

Old 11-17-2014, 04:03 PM
Chris2005

Hey Konig,
I have a question for you, I want to upgrade my tires.
I'm thinking of KO2 (good choice, do you like them so far?). I tried a sample tire for size and fit and I got a 275/65/R18 on my stock Durango and they fit without rubbing, see pic below. BUT, after looking at your pics of the same size tire I'm noticing yours are a lot wider? I know you have a lift but that is vertical height, did you get wheel spacers as well? Is that what is throwing me off? Since I won't be getting spacers, I'm now considering 285/65/R18. Please shed some light on this, thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Chris

Old 11-17-2014, 05:04 PM
Thekoning
Professional

Originally Posted by Chris2005
Hey Konig,
I have a question for you, I want to upgrade my tires.
I'm thinking of KO2 (good choice, do you like them so far?). I tried a sample tire for size and fit and I got a 275/65/R18 on my stock Durango and they fit without rubbing, see pic below. BUT, after looking at your pics of the same size tire I'm noticing yours are a lot wider? I know you have a lift but that is vertical height, did you get wheel spacers as well? Is that what is throwing me off? Since I won't be getting spacers, I'm now considering 285/65/R18. Please shed some light on this, thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Chris
EH Chris.
I have the awnsers to your questions.
What's throwing you off is the rim I have which has a zero offset so it pokes out quite a bit more than the stock rims with a +50 offset (positive offsets move the wheel closer into the car frame). If you don't know what offset is, google it and play around with this helpful site. Its the ET value
http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

The tires are awesome their the new improved version of the legendary ko's. Additional noise is not noticed at all, traction has been excellent in sand and the slush we've had here so far. The tire I'm running is a 275/65/r18 the same that you tried which has a 32.1 diameter. The guys at my shop told me it wouldn't have fit without a lift so its possible this tire fits alittle larger than expected. You say you fit a 275/65/r18? Are you sure your numbers are right? Deffinitly go one size down, mine where rubbing on the felt liner with the lift so you'll definitely have issues with that size. I'm not sure if it is because of the lift or the tires but my mpg's are significantly reduced so expect that. These tires look awesome and are really good so far in winter conditions, deffinitly recommend them to you.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:02 AM
Chris2005

Originally Posted by Thekoning
EH Chris.
I have the awnsers to your questions.
What's throwing you off is the rim I have which has a zero offset so it pokes out quite a bit more than the stock rims with a +50 offset (positive offsets move the wheel closer into the car frame). If you don't know what offset is, google it and play around with this helpful site. Its the ET value
http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

The tires are awesome their the new improved version of the legendary ko's. Additional noise is not noticed at all, traction has been excellent in sand and the slush we've had here so far. The tire I'm running is a 275/65/r18 the same that you tried which has a 32.1 diameter. The guys at my shop told me it wouldn't have fit without a lift so its possible this tire fits alittle larger than expected. You say you fit a 275/65/r18? Are you sure your numbers are right? Deffinitly go one size down, mine where rubbing on the felt liner with the lift so you'll definitely have issues with that size. I'm not sure if it is because of the lift or the tires but my mpg's are significantly reduced so expect that. These tires look awesome and are really good so far in winter conditions, deffinitly recommend them to you.
Hey, thanks for the reply.
After further analysis and based on your reply, I'm concluding that the difference between your fit and mine is definitely the wheel. Your wheel is 18x9 which is an extra inch and you have a zero offset which adds up to about 2.2 inches more in total based on the calculator you referenced. That is the difference, as the tires a tried on for testing purposes were definitely 275/65/R18 I can assure you. With that said, I'm now considering getting wheel & tires, I already know the height fits based on the tire I tried on so now I'm just worried about the width (turning radius). How much did you have to cut and where? Do you by chance have pics you can send? I think I'm up for it, I just want to know how much trimming/cutting we're talking about.

Chris

Old 11-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Thekoning
Professional

Its not so much trimming but denting of the felt liner. I'll get some pic over

Old 11-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Thekoning
Professional

the part of the trim seen below closest to the wheel is the part they impacted to stop the rubbing. this is the left wheel well with the wheels turned hard left.

there is more room on the right side well for some reason? by like a cm

Quick Reply: Durango 2.5inch lift. suspension help!