Hypertech ?, need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 08:06 PM
plasmageorge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech ?, need opinions

Guys,
Owned the Durango for 2 weeks, and notice the sluggish off the line. I want to do a tune, for Xmas add some Hp and add MPG....so I don't mine spending some coin.
The long Hypertech thread has some great posts, but its an old thread and many of you have sold them and moved to something else........the Hemifever has some good threads, but I don't think I want to spend that much money.

I like the bolt on bolt off, as I'm still under Warranty. Hypertech seems like a bargain now, Hemifever more costly.

Is HyperTech something I should do ?
Plus CAI ?
Thanks for your opinions.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hypertech won't work on the 2014. It gets confused with the built in default tunes. I brought it to Hyoertechs attention and got no answers so I gave up and sold mine to a 11-13 owner. The 11-13's don't have the dual tune already built in like the 14's. The issue is that every time you start up the default (Eco) tune resets and changes the accelerator settings and shift points on the 8 speed. the Hypertech gets completely confused and never can get itself set up.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:59 PM
plasmageorge
Rookie

I guess I should've clarified, I have a 2013 R/T.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:41 PM
Wash Man
All Star

Everyone with11-13's seem to like them.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Hypertech Support
Amateur
Default Interceptor P/N 705003

Originally Posted by Wash Man
Hypertech won't work on the 2014. It gets confused with the built in default tunes. I brought it to Hyoertechs attention and got no answers so I gave up and sold mine to a 11-13 owner. The 11-13's don't have the dual tune already built in like the 14's. The issue is that every time you start up the default (Eco) tune resets and changes the accelerator settings and shift points on the 8 speed. the Hypertech gets completely confused and never can get itself set up.

Not sure where your post is coming from.
I have not heard of any such issues with the 2014 since it was released.
feel free to give us a call 1-800-532-3351 or email techsupport@hypertech.com to clarify since it does not program into the computer and cannot get "confused" with the stock tunes

Thank You,

Old 12-19-2014, 10:19 AM
Wash Man
All Star

I'm not going to post the emails but Gary Woodward at your company has them.

It doesn't work with the 14's, you couldn't offer a fix, I had to remove it and sell it.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:16 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

I am not buying the dual tune thing. The truck has 1 tune but has 2 patterns one when eco activates and 1 without it.
As Hypertech said they are not altering tune, they are just sending different data from the sensors to the pcm.
Maybe something else was not right.
Keep us posted
STEVE

Old 12-20-2014, 02:24 AM
Wash Man
All Star

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
I am not buying the dual tune thing. The truck has 1 tune but has 2 patterns one when eco activates and 1 without it. As Hypertech said they are not altering tune, they are just sending different data from the sensors to the pcm. Maybe something else was not right. Keep us posted STEVE
The 2014 has an Eco button. When you start the truck it is engaged by default. This alters the shift patterns and throttle sensitivity. Once the truck is running you have to press the button to go to the more aggressive throttle a settings and shift points.

If you have a 2011-2013 you do not have this feature.

Hypertech was not aware that dodge started this on the 14's and since the Hypertech Learns and adjusts, the constant flipping from the 2 factory settings left the Hypertech confused ALL THE TIME.

Engine raced to high rpm's, trans hung in gear and wouldn't shift.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:49 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Funny the same thing on my ride is called a tow /haul button No ECO and different patterns but nothing changes in PCM
A single button push cannot change critical items like timing and fuel pressure on the fly
I am not saying you are incorrect that it didnt work and may not I am just saying it actually should. There were a few Hypertechs that were just no good out of the box. I am surprised you werent sent a replacement unit to try'
STEVE

Old 12-20-2014, 09:00 AM
Wash Man
All Star

It's not the same as the tow haul button in previous years. Two completely different things. The Eco adjusts throttle sensitivity and changes the shift points to achieve better fuel economy. The Eco mode button also has nothing to do with cylinder deactivation. in Eco mode or out of Eco mode doesn't matter when you start towing. The 8 speed transmission automatically adjusts based on detected load changes.

Quick Reply: Hypertech ?, need opinions