3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Push to Start Button

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015 | 06:54 AM
The Batman

Ive been having the same problem since I bought my Durango. Sometimes it works ,sometimes not . Had to the dealer a number times and they changed the batteries on both keys , reprogrammed them . the issue went away for awhile and now its back

Old 01-05-2015 | 08:35 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Originally Posted by The Batman
Ive been having the same problem since I bought my Durango. Sometimes it works ,sometimes not . Had to the dealer a number times and they changed the batteries on both keys , reprogrammed them . the issue went away for awhile and now its back
Do not keep the key fobs near your cell phones and don't put your cell phones near the dash board.

The RF interference can jack with the wireless keyless operations

Old 01-05-2015 | 09:02 AM
Wash Man
All Star

And never leave the Keys in the truck

Old 01-07-2015 | 05:03 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran

Originally Posted by wildspeed
Are you sure about that ?
Look in the glove box on the top part of it, there is a slot where usually the owner manual hide...
http://www.chryslercommercialvehicle...ngo-OM-4th.pdf
That's just the "baby manual". The full manual is around 694 pages!!

Old 01-08-2015 | 05:04 PM
lex_durango
Default Another consideration

I also read somewhere that certain radar detectors can affect the push botton start something to do with interference between the keyfob signal and the dash. If you have one try removing it from the truck for a while see if you're issue goes away.

Sounds strange but I even recall installing HID lights on a Mercedes GL450 and when turned on I got interference with satellite radio if I'm not mistaken. So anything is possible.

But my first guess is it sound more like the button isn't going down far enough since you can push it to start without the actual button.

Quick Reply: Push to Start Button