3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Custom Dead Pedal for Gen 3 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 09:03 PM
MotorMolarDoc
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Dead Pedal for Gen 3 Durango

I found someone who made a custom dead pedal for those of us with a Gen3 Durango who have purchased the Mopar Bright Pedal set and want something to match. I'm sure most of us know the "dead pedal" is the place where your left foot rests. Usually a carpeted flat area on the floor that gets excess wear over time, since your foot always rests there, and the carpeted floor mats don't cover it.

Anyway, I went ahead and bought one and installed it, as have a number of others on another popular Durango forum. It looks great and does provide a solid place for your left foot. Here's the link if anyone is interested. To be clear, I am not selling these, nor do I make anything when you buy one. Just trying to help spread the word, since he was kind enough to make one up specifically for our truck, at my suggestion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Durango-Dead-Pedal-Footrest-Cover-suit-2011-on-to-match-Mopar-SRT-Pedals-/151673302490?hash=item23506eedda&vxp=mtr

STUART

Old 05-12-2015, 09:21 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts
Old 05-12-2015, 09:31 PM
MotorMolarDoc
Amateur

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Sorry! Forgot I posted that back when he was at the mock up stage. If this should be posted to the original thread, can you or another moderator please move it, or tell me how? I can also post a 'how to install' thread. Should that be here too or in another section?Thanks.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:44 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

I can merge the two if you want.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:41 PM
hellomoto_25
Veteran

That's a lot for a small piece of metal.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:32 PM
MotorMolarDoc
Amateur

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I can merge the two if you want.
Whatever the rules to the Forum are. Since it's now an available product, not just and idea/mockup, I would prefer to leave it separate if that's ok. If merged, it would be best to change the title of the original thread by deleting the word "mockup". Thanks.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:41 PM
MotorMolarDoc
Amateur

Originally Posted by hellomoto_25
That's a lot for a small piece of metal.
It would be, if that's all it was. Considering it is two pieces of quality stainless (including the backing plate) drilled and tapped, involved laser cutting the holes and having a custom mould made to make the heavy rubber nub insert mat, I thought his price was fair.

As the auction states, he will entertain offers below the asking price. It is a low production number item, with all of the same tooling costs of something sold by the hundreds of thousands. That always increases per unit pricing, whether you're talking Dead Pedals or Supercars. Just making people aware that it's out there.
STUART

Quick Reply: Custom Dead Pedal for Gen 3 Durango