3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

AWD issues....

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 01:33 PM
russkor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWD issues....

Hi...I have a 2013 Dodge Durango r/t...and when I’m driving the AWD low light starts to flash. Then when I come to a stop it goes into AWD low without me touching anything. Then it takes me about 4-5 times of switching the **** to get it back in AWD. I took it to the dealership and they couldn’t get it to do it for them or when they hooked it up to the computer it didn’t show them anything was wrong. Its done this about 4-5 times since I bought it in March.

Has anyone had the same problem?!?!

Old 07-15-2015, 03:37 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

russkor,

Sorry to hear about this concern. With an intermittent concern, it can sometimes be helpful to have the dealership hold on to the vehicle for a couple days in order to give them more time to duplicate it. How long did the dealership keep your vehicle when you brought it in previously?

Old 07-15-2015, 03:59 PM
russkor

Hi,

The last time they had my car for 4 days, when I got it back it didn’t do it again for about 2 weeks. Then it happen again this morning on the way to work. The worst part of it, is that it will not go right back in to AWD. I have to pullover and keep trying. I called them today and they told me the same thing they told me when I picked it up...it didn’t do it for them and nothing came up when they connected it to the computer.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:52 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by russkor
Hi,

The last time they had my car for 4 days, when I got it back it didn’t do it again for about 2 weeks. Then it happen again this morning on the way to work. The worst part of it, is that it will not go right back in to AWD. I have to pullover and keep trying. I called them today and they told me the same thing they told me when I picked it up...it didn’t do it for them and nothing came up when they connected it to the computer.
Thanks for the info, russkor. Intermittent concerns can be tricky for dealerships to diagnose. Unfortunately if they can't duplicate a symptom, they can't diagnose what may be causing it. My advice would be to continue to work with your dealership as this concern occurs to give them a chance to diagnose and repair it.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:44 PM
detailsbyfrank
Professional

Take your camera phone and start recording. I have so much video in my files of thing's that my 2013 R/T AWD does that it is not funny. I am hoping one day either Chrysler buy's back the junk or I find a good lawyer with brass nuts to sew them for the junk.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:20 AM
russkor

@detailsbyfrank Thats what i did this morning when it happen again. Im hoping if i show them the video that will help out. thanks,

Old 07-25-2015, 02:14 AM
brewcalhoun
Amateur

I have this issue with my 14 Citadel. Been to the dealer 3 times now and still hasn't been fixed. I'm gonna have to record it as well so they can see it. I'm sure its the switch that's faulty. The last couple times it did this, I tapped the AWD Hi/Lo selector switch and the problem went away.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:45 AM
russkor

@brewcalhoun....im dropping my truck off in two weeks, they are keeping it for 10 days to see if they can fix....i will update you if i hear anything...

Old 08-17-2015, 09:57 PM
russkor

So I brought it to a new dealership and they told me there was a new software update that would fix this problem. I don't get the truck back to next week, so I will let you know if it fixes the issue.

Quick Reply: AWD issues....