3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

no horn..

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 07:09 AM
coldsteel
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do your turn signals function properly? To test the clock spring, turn the wheel 90 degrees and try the horn, continue to turn the wheel lock to lock in 90 degree increments and see if the horn ever functions.

If it works in any of the positions then the clock spring is suspect. If your turn signals don't behave properly or there is a clicking sound when turning the wheel, your clock spring could be bad.

Last edited by coldsteel; 12-01-2015 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:37 AM
Dawson Bailey
Default Find a Fix?

I am currently running down the same issue as you are I am thinking it is just the horn itself at this moment.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:00 AM
Vladek
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that what it ended up being. She wanted a louder one, so we ended up getting upgraded versions of both horns (high and low pitch).

Old 03-04-2018, 09:52 AM
Dawson Bailey

Originally Posted by Vladek
that what it ended up being. She wanted a louder one, so we ended up getting upgraded versions of both horns (high and low pitch).
Kinda crazy to this that both the right and left horn went out in such a short amount of time. Do you happen to know direct location of the horns and what you might have changed it out with?

Last edited by Dawson Bailey; 03-04-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:05 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Dawson Bailey
Kinda crazy to this that both the right and left horn went out in such a short amount of time.
I thought the same thing, which is why it never even crossed my mind to suggest checking for voltage at the horns directly. But I suspect most likely what happened is one horn failed first, but that wasn't obvious enough to be detected since horn blasts typically are pretty short. However once the second horn failed, it was very obvious there was a problem. I guess the original poster's situation was another example of the KISS principle.

-Rod

Old 03-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Vladek
Veteran

this is what needs to be done to get to the horns. pretty easy.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:52 AM
Vladek
Veteran

Originally Posted by SHO Rod
I thought the same thing, which is why it never even crossed my mind to suggest checking for voltage at the horns directly. But I suspect most likely what happened is one horn failed first, but that wasn't obvious enough to be detected since horn blasts typically are pretty short. However once the second horn failed, it was very obvious there was a problem. I guess the original poster's situation was another example of the KISS principle.

-Rod
yes sir.

Quick Reply: no horn..