3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2015 R/T - Lemon, not lemonade.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 01:47 PM
HJulian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2015 R/T - Lemon, not lemonade.

Hey everyone! You might remember me, you might not!
I ordered a 2015 Durango R/T in white with red interior, blacktop with red interior and captains seating. Basically, my dream SUV.

I got it in June, just a few days before my birthday! When I picked it up, the right side passenger door wouldn't unlock. I didn't think much of it, and after several (5) drop offs to the dealership it's only gotten worse. Now the windows won't go up and down, the nav turns its self off and the locks on all of the doors get stuck.

I have filed my lemon law paper work with the state and Chrysler has gotten into the mix. It has now been out of my possession for a total of 24 days (with 5 different drop offs) and it's still hard broke.

Chrysler wants to continue to try to fix it, but the law is the law, they have gotten their legal chances, and they are all documented.

We are hiring an attorney at this point, just in the process of finding the right one. I want a new vehicle, a replacement. It won't be that easy, because mine doesn't exist. It has to be special ordered. It has been 7 months of dealing with a brand new, broken vehicle. What makes it the hardest is I have a 2 and 4 year old, and I have had to crawl across to unlock my 2 year olds door for the past 7 months.

Lemons suck. Has anyone here had any dealings with them, personally?

Last edited by HJulian; 01-06-2016 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Photo
Old 01-06-2016, 03:48 PM
Pappy35
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it gets stuck locked it is not safe. I mean what if you're in an accident and a first-responder can't get the door open? Not good.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:32 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Wish that you had said something to us sooner. Did you take it to a different dealership or always the same one?

Did you contact Chrysler Corporate or DodgeCares (on this forum) for assistance?

Without all the details it sound like the dealership service dept. may have just been in over their heads.

The symptoms you describe sound like a bad BCM and not a problem with the locks themselves.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:37 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

We probably could have helped you. Good luck.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:55 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

That'll teach ya to dream about cars!

j/k

Old 01-07-2016, 10:25 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you're having with your vehicle. I would have liked to try to assist or see what further we could do for you had I been aware of your situation sooner, but unfortunately if you're seeking legal counsel I am unable to get involved. Please keep us posted on your outcome!

Old 01-11-2016, 10:29 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry for your LOSS.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:30 AM
mactruck

I too am in the process of a buy back for my lemon. 2015 Durango R/T. After taking deliver and drooling over it for a few weeks I kept noticing problems with the right side of the car. I have come to the conclusion that it was wrecked and fixed. Panels don't line up, paint has drips and chips, parts were not put back correctly. Dealer has given me the run around. Trying to find the correct course of action. Bought the car 2.5 months ago. Sick in the stomach over it.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:50 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by mactruck
I too am in the process of a buy back for my lemon. 2015 Durango R/T. After taking deliver and drooling over it for a few weeks I kept noticing problems with the right side of the car. I have come to the conclusion that it was wrecked and fixed. Panels don't line up, paint has drips and chips, parts were not put back correctly. Dealer has given me the run around. Trying to find the correct course of action. Bought the car 2.5 months ago. Sick in the stomach over it.

Have it checked out by a qualified body shop apart from the dealership. Your word against theirs won't get you anywhere.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:52 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mactruck
How many miles were on it when you took possession? Did you check a carfax?

Quick Reply: 2015 R/T - Lemon, not lemonade.