3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Proscpective 2014 DD buyer...What to look for?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016 | 10:30 PM
Tufftoy
|
Default Proscpective 2014 DD buyer...What to look for?

Hello all,

1st post (professional lurker). I'm looking at purchasing a 2014 DD SXT 3.6L in the near future, and have been trying to find critical items to look for when I inspect it before purchase.

Tried internal forum search and Google search, but really haven't found a good list to go by (If there is one)

Looking to you guys to hopefully help me out. Don't want to leave the lot and start finding all sorts of stuff that should have been obvious from the start! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Past Dodge / Chrysler vehicles: 2005 Jeep TJ & 2007 Dodge Ram Hemi

Scott

Old 03-17-2016 | 11:51 AM
usmc1811
Veteran

As a used vehicle buyer, one should check critical items. Electrical and Mechanical. Above all else, be sure you do some background checks on the dealership your buying the vehicle from...do this first. There could be trust issues.

Be sure all your electronics work flawlessly, lights, radio, nav. etc. etc.. Inspect engine, tranny, all fluids, brakes, suspension etc. etc..

And in the end if your really not sure you are buying a reliable vehicle. There is always
an "extended warranty package" available on most used vehicles. This will also help give you peace of mind.

Quick Reply: Proscpective 2014 DD buyer...What to look for?