3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

auto start heated/vented seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 07:08 AM
jonass480
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto start heated/vented seats

Does anyone have more detailed info about how the heated seats work with remote start? I checked the option for heated/vented seats to be on during remote start with no success. Does the car only initiate the heated/vented seat at certain outside temperatures? Right now the seats never turn on with remote start or normal start but work great if I simply manually turn them on. Anyone have any solution to this?

Old 12-29-2018, 10:41 AM
garrettg84
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if this is true of all Chrysler vehicles, but my previous RAMs and JGCs only turned on when the outside temperature as it is registered by the sensor in the driver's side mirror was hitting 40F or below. I've only had a few days below that with my week old Durango and haven't really paid attention.

The only reason I mention the driver's side mirror aspect was because if I parked with that black driver's side mirror facing the sun, even though the ambient temp was well below 40, the sun would heat up the mirror to falsely register the temp above 40 and I wouldn't get my heated seats. I ended up always parking my previous vehicles facing north as best as I could so the driver's side was towards the sunset rather than sunrise.

Last edited by garrettg84; 12-29-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Quick Reply: auto start heated/vented seats