3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Turn Over / No Start

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 06:41 PM
Chigger
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turn Over / No Start

Hey guys,

I have a 2015 Dodge Durango R/T. 5th time towed into the dealer for a turn over/no start. Battery replaced, fuel pump replaced, some other computer board replaced. Anyone have a link to a TSB on this issue? Hasn't gone to recall yet. There is a TSB (fuel pump relay fuse) for 1st and 2nd generation but nothing I can find for the 2015. Dealer claims they have no idea what the issue is.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:15 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Based on what's been replaced it would seem the dealer thinks there's no fuel, but have they actually confirmed that? Have they checked to see if there's voltage getting to the fuel pump? This doesn't sound like it would be too difficult for the dealer, with access to the factory wiring diagrams and field service engineers, to properly diagnose. Is there another dealership in your area? Or, if this is not under warranty, you might be better off finding an independent shop that specialized in automotive electrical repair if the dealer has confirmed the fuel pump is not getting power.

-Rod

Old 03-31-2020, 03:49 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Chigger
Hey guys,

I have a 2015 Dodge Durango R/T. 5th time towed into the dealer for a turn over/no start. Battery replaced, fuel pump replaced, some other computer board replaced. Anyone have a link to a TSB on this issue? Hasn't gone to recall yet. There is a TSB (fuel pump relay fuse) for 1st and 2nd generation but nothing I can find for the 2015. Dealer claims they have no idea what the issue is.
Sorry to hear this, Chigger. I would like to help you get this concerns addressed with the help of your dealer by escalating a case for you. Please send us a private message at your earliest convenience.

Lydia
DodgeCares

The following users liked this post:
Chigger (04-07-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 03:01 PM
DDCREW
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey guys,

There is a current recall for fuel pump relay for 3rd gen Durangos, but is for years 2011-2013; no replacement parts available yet. See link below.
https://www.carfax.com/blog/car-reca...uel-pump-issue

Chigger (04-07-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 12:07 PM
Chigger

DDCREW,

I have sent the service writer and manger several of these type of complaints I found online and they seem clueless. I just got the Durango back after they replaced driver and passenger side fuel pumps for the second time and its dead again. I copied this link and sent it to them.

Thank you!

Old 04-04-2020, 12:15 PM
Chigger

SHO Rod,

I'm not sure what the dealer is checking, I just know what they claimed to have replaced. I have told them about the other generation Durango's with the same issues (crank-no start), but they seems clueless. Just got it back after they replaced fuel pumps on both tanks. Well it lasted a day and its dead again. I found another possible issue on another site and it said it could be a "failed anti-drainback valve and a faulty TPS triggering limp mode home" or "faulty TIPM fuel pump relay". I mailed my demand letter in yesterday to Dodge for Lemon Law procedures. ???

Old 04-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Chigger

Lydia (Dodge Cares), I sent you a private message and haven't got a response back yet...

Last edited by Chigger; 04-07-2020 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:20 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Lydia (Dodge Cares), I sent you a private message and haven't got a response back yet...
Sorry about the wait, Chigger. I have responded to your PM. We can continue discussing your concerns there.

Lydia
DodgeCares

Old 04-08-2020, 02:00 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Did the vehicle have the update fuel pump relay installed on the cross bar behind the right front headlamp assy. That new relay will be spline into the PDC/IPC, you could have a bad fuel pump relay or a bad PDC/ IPC that is shorting out. Take the relay out and twist the blades a little, not must and plug it back in.

Chigger (04-09-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 04:40 PM
Chigger

Thanks Master Tech! I'll pass on the info to my service manager. Durango is still in the shop.

Quick Reply: Turn Over / No Start