3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

P0171, p0174, p0133, p0153

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 01:02 AM
Krouza
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0171, p0174, p0133, p0153

Hello, Dodge fans,

I'm from Europe and since it's impossible to choose a car with a decent engine among European cars nowadays, I decided to buy a 2016 Dodge Durango RT as a family car. Unfortunately, with this comes the risk that there is no decent Dodge service in my area and therefore I have to deal with professional service myself. Now this thing has started happening to me:

In the morning, when the engine is cold, the car starts normally, I drive off and the car goes about 300 meters normally. Suddenly the engine starts to jerk and shoot into the exhaust. This lasts for about 10 seconds and then the car drives normally, it doesn't do this for the rest of the day.
One time I had it happen that immediately after starting the engine started jerking and reporting error P0300 - missfire on random / multiple cylinders. Just warmed up the engine again and then it drove normally, I cleared the error and it didn't happen again.

OBD-II diagnostics reports 4 permanent faults that cannot be cleared (even after long term battery disconnection):
P0171 - System too lean, bank 1
P0174 - System too lean, bank 2
P0133 - Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S)1, bank 1 - slow response
P0153 - Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S)1, bank 2 - slow response

Since I'm ordering parts from the US and shipping usually costs the same as the part itself, I need to be sure before I order something.

I checked the spark plugs and cleaned the contacts on the ignition coil connectors. I cleaned the MAP sensor and the sensor that's in the intake before the throttle body, checked for any leaks in the path from the air filter to the throttle body, but found nothing.

Since both lambda sensors are reporting the fault, I don't think they are the problem and they both went at the same time. It seems like the problem is that both cylinder rows are running on lean mixture, so for some reason more air is going into the engine than needed or they can't measure the amount of air correctly.

I wanted to ask if you have encountered a similar problem and could advise where to turn?

Thank you very much for the advice and as they say here - when you find a hundred dollar bill, you can keep it :-)

Quick Reply: P0171, p0174, p0133, p0153