Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009 | 07:02 PM
mopardad68
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx truckin 151, i will be hauling fire wood all sumer long, in winter snowmobile[4 or 6 place]trailer, and that equates to i belive 24-26 foot tandem axel trailer, im looking for modest HP gains and really want mpg over HP, i dont feel the Hemi is lacking to much, the manual trans helps in that area for sure, just a country boy not contant with what the factory gave me especially when i read what yall are getting from yours, ive got stock 275 70r 17 tires and 4:10 rear end thats factory equipment. I might go to a 285 70r 17 but not sure yet, and as always thanks for the info, Brian Lee

Old 07-20-2009 | 11:36 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
|
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mopardad68
hey teacher, for my 04 which in our opion woulkd work best, not worried about tranny thing for ive got a 5 manual, thanx, just wondering and repect yall opion
Hey buddy, sorry I must have missed this question when you posted it. Truckin pretty much covered it but here is my 2 cents. I have had both the DSP and SC and the canned tunes are pretty similar as far as power goes. Basically, the way that I look at the DSP and SC comparison comes down to what you have planned for your truck. If you are sticking to stock or basic bolt on mods like CAI, exhaust, stuff like that then you are probably best served by the SC but the DSP will work well for you too. If you are going to go further into the internals of the engine with a cam, heads, things like that then you need the DSP or SCT, something that you can get a custom tune on which the SC doesn't offer and sounds like will never offer. It really just depends on what you are planning on doing to your truck.

Old 07-23-2009 | 06:23 PM
beachbummer0069
Veteran

Hey yall, I was wondering do you think the new diablo trinity will have a MDS turn off switch? When the make one for the dodge ram with a hemi? Also, I went A&A auto part store and they told me the diablo trinity would work on my truck. But, if you go to Diablo website they say they dont make a diablo trinity for the dodge ram yet.

Old 07-23-2009 | 11:46 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by beachbummer0069
Hey yall, I was wondering do you think the new diablo trinity will have a MDS turn off switch? When the make one for the dodge ram with a hemi? Also, I went A&A auto part store and they told me the diablo trinity would work on my truck. But, if you go to Diablo website they say they dont make a diablo trinity for the dodge ram yet.
The initial release doesn't cover your hemi yet...just the CTD. http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...isplay&pid=151 Down the road the trinity we be able to be used on any vehicle diablo currently makes tunes for...so for $800 you'll never have to buy a tuner again....ever.

Old 07-24-2009 | 03:37 AM
ArkHemi
Professional

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
The initial release doesn't cover your hemi yet...just the CTD. http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...isplay&pid=151 Down the road the trinity we be able to be used on any vehicle diablo currently makes tunes for...so for $800 you'll never have to buy a tuner again....ever.

Don't count on that. Look at what happened with the Superchips 3815!!

Old 08-09-2009 | 12:51 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ArkHemi
Don't count on that. Look at what happened with the Superchips 3815!!
It would take a longgg time to make the Trinity anywhere near obsolete...it's hardware is far beyond anything else out there.

Old 08-09-2009 | 12:57 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Plus it took what 4-5 years before the 3815 became out dated, it wasn't like they released it last year...

Old 08-10-2009 | 05:45 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I need a memory jocky from anyone who can help. After I got my diablo I went in and made a few adjustments to the partial shift points and WOT shift points, and few days after went back in and readjusted for a few dead spots where the trans felt like it was bogging down before shifting and had it working fine, only problem is I can not for the life of me remember how I adjusted the shifts to get rid of the dead spot.

With the new converter, at 50mph, my 2-3 partials are dead on up to the 60%, 80% and WOT shift points then it really boggs down before it picks up speed. I really just dont know which way to adjust it to get rid of it.

Old 08-10-2009 | 11:14 PM
crhemi

Hey guys, sorry I left anyone out. I was an LX Hemi owner up until last month and now have a RAM
Stacking has been done on the LX platform. I'll try and search the old threads from the lxforum to see who did it.
I sold my 3815 when I traded my 5.7 300C to an SRT. SC promised tuning for us SRT owners and just dropped the ball. I personally liked the transmission settings of the Flashpaq better then the Predators for the 5.7. I also had one of the first CMR tuned SRT.

Some of us where stacking the JET and SC Flashpaq before Diablo released the Predator http://lxforums.com/board/showthread...stacking+chips

I don't see why it wouldn't be any different on the Hemi Ram.
I look forward to learning and modding the Ram from you guys!
Bill

Old 08-24-2009 | 09:23 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

does anyone know how often updates come out for the diablo?

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews