Data Loggers

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:37 AM
03MopaRamman
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to jump in on AF's question but will just say there are the advantages and the disadvantages when selecting (or switching) to/from an SC or a DSP and more notably the 03 Ram The Forgottens Club.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Maori
Professional

My DSP did not have options for shift points or rev limiter but i have a early 04. That was my reason for going over to SC/SCT.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:29 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I correct in assuming that with a custom tune the rev limiter can be adjusted?

Old 05-09-2010, 10:34 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion

no DSP cannot adjust the rev limiter at all. SC is the only one that will do that, but it doesnt support custom tunes so I had no choice but to drop the SC. I wasnt willing to stack them for just rev limiter changes, especially when I found someone that was willing to trade me their DSP straight up for the 3815.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:36 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

For you 03' and 04' guys the DSP wont do the rev/shift adjustments, but for the 05's on up its a different story

Old 05-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by Maori
My DSP did not have options for shift points or rev limiter but i have a early 04. That was my reason for going over to SC/SCT.
How is the stack working for you? Who does your tuning for the sct, hemifever?

Old 05-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Maori
Professional

No issues. It provides higher shift points than stock which i only had with the DSP. It also took care of the double shifting that was occuring when i installed the 2800 stall. When i installed the 2800 stall and go wot from idle it would go 1st-2nd-3rd then down to 2nd prime and back to 3rd. That was on DSP but stopped when i went to SC/SCT.

Some folks say that they only had a one time option to do your changes on SC before you stack it as it will be locked as a stock file on the PCM but i have been able to make changes since then without issues. Tire size mostly

Umm i am not to sure how much i have shortern my tranny life but right now she is over 106k and going strong.

hemifever does my tuning and his services and customer service has been amazing. He really takes in the feedback provided from your thoughts, datalogs given and takes it from there. Sometimes he is sending revised tunes faster than you can load them on the truck, from a little tweak in the fuel tims or if you want to slowly lower your idle until you get that sweet spot.

First thing i did when i went with Sean was get a good quality camera mount for my video logs. I for one do not enjoy video runs that looks like a tribute to cloverfield.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:35 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

^^ you can change tire size because you're not actually changing any of the tune files on the pcm. have you been successful in changing shift points/rev limiters? what year do you have again... you need a sig bad. and fill out your member info at the top. you've been around for over 5 yrs and its still blank??

Old 05-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by Maori
No issues. It provides higher shift points than stock which i only had with the DSP. It also took care of the double shifting that was occuring when i installed the 2800 stall. When i installed the 2800 stall and go wot from idle it would go 1st-2nd-3rd then down to 2nd prime and back to 3rd. That was on DSP but stopped when i went to SC/SCT.

Some folks say that they only had a one time option to do your changes on SC before you stack it as it will be locked as a stock file on the PCM but i have been able to make changes since then without issues. Tire size mostly

Umm i am not to sure how much i have shortern my tranny life but right now she is over 106k and going strong.

hemifever does my tuning and his services and customer service has been amazing. He really takes in the feedback provided from your thoughts, datalogs given and takes it from there. Sometimes he is sending revised tunes faster than you can load them on the truck, from a little tweak in the fuel tims or if you want to slowly lower your idle until you get that sweet spot.
That is great info. Right now I am still considering doing the stack, so if I go that route I will probably want to pick your brain some more about it.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Maori
Professional

Thats true. I have not made any changes to my shifts. I did change the speed limiter but i have not tested it out though since both changes were still over the stock governer. Since the PCM reads the SC tune as my stock tune i still have to remove the SCT if i need to make and save program changes to SC. Then i load the SCT again.

Working on sig as we speak.

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
^^ you can change tire size because you're not actually changing any of the tune files on the pcm. have you been successful in changing shift points/rev limiters? what year do you have again... you need a sig bad. and fill out your member info at the top. you've been around for over 5 yrs and its still blank??

Quick Reply: Data Loggers