Data Loggers

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 05:20 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually thinking VB. Kinda moving along step at a time.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:44 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

if you dont have a trans temp gauge it needs to be your NEXT mod (and soon). the aftermarketTorque converters produce a lot more heat than the factory one. you'll wanna be able to keep an eye on the tranny temp.

i got the difference between street and strip 'verters, but whats the hemiverter? is the hemiverter the street one?

Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Af is right, if you are going with an aftermarket converter you need to be able to monitor the trans temps. If they get high you are going to have to address trans cooling or it could result in serious problems.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:15 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
if you dont have a trans temp gauge it needs to be your NEXT mod (and soon). the aftermarketTorque converters produce a lot more heat than the factory one. you'll wanna be able to keep an eye on the tranny temp.

i got the difference between street and strip 'verters, but whats the hemiverter? is the hemiverter the street one?
I believe it is just the series used by the hemi powered vehicles. Yep, sounds like it's time for some gauges. Thanks for the input..

Old 04-14-2010, 09:06 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The race converter from one of their older posts is the only one they guarantee to give a power gain. The street verrter was just a higher stall/bettr material over stock.

Also a trans temp gauge is a MUST with this. I would also reccomend a larger trans cooler as well. It is extra $$$ but WELL worth it as it cools you down quite a bit more. With mnine I am running cooler temps with the higher stall than I did with the the stock verter and stock cooler. From the dealer its a direct bolt on

Old 04-14-2010, 10:05 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by truckin151
The race converter from one of their older posts is the only one they guarantee to give a power gain. The street verrter was just a higher stall/bettr material over stock.

Also a trans temp gauge is a MUST with this. I would also reccomend a larger trans cooler as well. It is extra $$$ but WELL worth it as it cools you down quite a bit more. With mnine I am running cooler temps with the higher stall than I did with the the stock verter and stock cooler. From the dealer its a direct bolt on
Truckin, Is this a 2500 trans cooler you talking about? If so, do you have a p/n? if not do you have a source? I have always believed trans coolers were a good investment.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:50 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Yes it is the cooler off of a 2500, you want the one off of the 03-04's anything newer and you;ll get the aluminum one which is ok but not as good as the 26 row cooler. If you are in an are that gets really cold though it may not be good for you as it might cool it down to much (you need some heat for it to work/perform right).

It was $150 from the dealer, part # 52029089AB (they dont have this number on file and it is a soecial order item).

Old 04-18-2010, 09:40 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Ok guys, I'm going to bump this to see if we can get some new numbers. I know you all are adding mods weekly and it should be fun seeing the changes posted. I promise to get some numbers tomorrow to see what my new TC does.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:56 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

To add to this, guys running the DSP you can do a 0-whatever run logging with the dsp and a laptop. They have a function that allows you to monnitor your time vs rpm vs speed. It can only be done with a laptop though.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:12 AM
Michael0077
Veteran

well ... just a neat little bit of data i thought i'd share with yall ...
after returning my truck to stock today, i did a few 0-60 runs for ****s and giggles.

best run WITHOUT chip = 9.67
best run WITH chip = 8.54

Quick Reply: Data Loggers