Data Loggers

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:13 AM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thought I'd chime in on what I did. From a side street as a start point to a tee intersection. 300 yds 0- 70. then too a stop. obviously I could not do a time but that is way less than 1200 feet. And it did not take long heh heh.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Adam_MA
Rookie

I only have 2 data points, both logged on the Dynolicious app on my iPhone. To keep everything equal, and keep as much of the human element out of it, I decided to do my runs the same. I'm sure if I spooled up the engine, and went for a 2 foot launch in 4wd I could do much better, but again, I just wanted raw data. The way started the test was the same each time. Right foot on brake, when the app said to go, remove foot from brake pedal, mash gass pedal to the floor as fast as I can.

Run 1 bone stock
0-60 8.21 sec

Run 2 Magnaflow cat back 1 hour after I completed installation
0-60 7.56 sec

I know I could have done MUCH better, especially as I broke traction for much longer after the Magnaflow install. The evedence is apparent in the dyno chart, and I could feel and hear the tires. I broke traction on both runs, but the Magnaflow run was so much more pronounced, and actually lasted long enough for me to say out loud "Go Biotch" before it was over.

I still have to do another run like that now that I have my CAI and ported TB installed, then I can mess with some launches and see where I'm at.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:17 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
That is a good run there. You shoul post up some info about your truck so that people know what you are running to get that time.
Well other than the obvious, being a rcsb and being lighter weight you just need a good combo for mods and I would say a few select or key mods:

- 5.7L HEMI
- AFE Hemi High Breather CAI w/ Modified MIT Tube
- Fastman 85mm TB (Key mod)
- Pacesetter LT Headers w/ Cats (Key Mod)
- Pacesetter 3" ORY
- Borla XR-1 Race Muffler Dumped
- UpGraded 26 row Trans Cooler
- APS TQ Converter w/ 2700 Stall (Key Mod)
- 4.56's (Key Mod)
- Diablo Sport Predator Tuner, 91 tune (Modified) (Key Mod)
- AeroForce Wideband
- Taylor 10ohm Shorties
- Yokohama Parada Spec-X 305/50/r20 (Key Mod)
- Bilstein HD Shocks
- Hellwig Rear Anti-Sway Bar

Old 04-19-2010, 03:50 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Just installed the Edge 2800 converter, made a run at 6.54. last run was a 6.94/6.92 with stock converter and Fastman TB. Prior to the Fastman TB install I ran a 6.24. I am going to work on my lauch some and if the time doesn't come down I'm going back to the stock TB and see what happens. The converter is very street friendly and certainly gets away from traffic easily.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Glad to hear that you got the converter installed and it is working well for you. So that converter cut about 0.4 off your 0-60, very nice.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:39 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Glad to hear that you got the converter installed and it is working well for you. So that converter cut about 0.4 off your 0-60, very nice.
I believe the converter can cut some more time off when driven properly. I also think the stock TB will put the truck into sub 6 range. I have refreshed the PCM twice and it still does not feel as good as the stock TB. I have a 400 mile trip this week and if it doesn't feel right by the time I return I'll stick the stock TB back on and make a run. Got some paint work to get done. Pictures to follow probably Friday.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

What did you have done to the TB? Regular port job or did you have a knife edge done to the plate?

Old 04-19-2010, 08:11 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

What did you have done to the TB? Regular port job or did you have a knife edge done to the plate?
He bought a new OEM core and did the standard taper bore and polish on the inlet side, with half of the blade shaft removed.

The workmanship looks very nice.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:26 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Let me share some very impressive numbers.
From the time the drive shaft was removed to the trans sitting on my mechanic's work bench took 50 minutes. We spent 30 minutes removing/ installing the front seal, having a cup of coffee and installing the new TC. Another 50 minutes later, the truck was back together. We still had the rear end to drain and refill and filters to change in the trans. But still I was very impressed with the professionalism this mechanic consistantly demostrates. A very rare find. This is the same guy that installed my DTT/gears which are quieter than my original 3:55's. This young man is a real pro.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
He bought a new OEM core and did the standard taper bore and polish on the inlet side, with half of the blade shaft removed.

The workmanship looks very nice.
I am surprised that you are not seeing good results from it. That is basically the same tb I have from Dan and it has imporved my throttle response nicely along with a slight drop in times compared to stock.

Quick Reply: Data Loggers