3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Has anyone tried Mileage XS SAVE from SuperChips?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Rizzo20
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It finally works for me but I'm having a few issues. Just a quick gander at the overhead on my trip home I can see theres going to be a difference, but how much I'm not quite sure yet. Need to check it out after a tank. The issues I have are, some really hard jerkiness when you let off the accelerator and let the truck coast to a stop. Almost like its gearing down as you would driving a standard. Also from a stop, going up through the gears, it will shift into a higher gear (or perhaps a torque lock-up) then back down, then back up then down then up. Really weird. From the posts on various forums who say they got it to work, looks like I'm the only one with these issues. I might just go reprogram the truck to see what happens.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:47 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

They posted on the Flashpaq forum that the XMS Mileage tune is out and working on ALL Hemi trucks. I'm gonna try to d/l it tomorrow and try it for the hell of it. I have a daily driver and use the performance tune exlusively, but will try it just to see if it does as good as they are claiming.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:01 PM
systemdown

Originally Posted by Rizzo20
It finally works for me but I'm having a few issues. Just a quick gander at the overhead on my trip home I can see theres going to be a difference, but how much I'm not quite sure yet. Need to check it out after a tank. The issues I have are, some really hard jerkiness when you let off the accelerator and let the truck coast to a stop. Almost like its gearing down as you would driving a standard. Also from a stop, going up through the gears, it will shift into a higher gear (or perhaps a torque lock-up) then back down, then back up then down then up. Really weird. From the posts on various forums who say they got it to work, looks like I'm the only one with these issues. I might just go reprogram the truck to see what happens.

it might be a good idea to disconnect the battery for couple of hours and have the PCM relearn everything....

Old 10-11-2008, 03:45 AM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Originally Posted by Rizzo20
No isues like that for me so far. I don't have that many miles on it with the new tune so I'll have to see how it goes.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:55 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

jerkiness may indicate that SuperChips is trying to lock up the torque converter clutch more quickly or in different circumstances

that would improve MPG in city driving, but might wear out the tcc in less miles

it is easy for me to see how SuperChips can change settings above 80% throttle opening and not violate EPA rules,
but I can't see how that SuperChips can change part throttle engine settings below 80%
and not risk a EPA fine or lawsuit that could really hurt their company
as Detroit Diesel, IH and Catepillar got huge fines from the EPA for messing with lower power settings to improve MPG on diesels just a few months ago

Old 10-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Rizzo20
Rookie

I flashed my truck back to stock, then tried the Mileage tune again, the jerkiness is gone. There was another person over @ the flashpaq forums that had similar probs with his '05. A reflash back to stock then tune again fixed his as well. Anyone have a full tank on this tune yet?

Old 04-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Plainbroke
Veteran
Cool Revival

I know this is an old thread but did anyone have any #'s MPG differance with the MileageXMS tune? Nobody came back and said what it did or did not do for them..

Old 04-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Powerubi Wacon
Veteran

My mileage is no better than stock with the flashpaq (#3815) MileageXS tune. I get the best mileage (improved over stock) with the 91 Performance tune.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:57 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Mine was the same way when I had SC. My mileage was no better (maybe worst) with the Mileage tune versus a performance tune

Old 04-15-2011, 09:56 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Powerubi Wacon
My mileage is no better than stock with the flashpaq (#3815) MileageXS tune. I get the best mileage (improved over stock) with the 91 Performance tune.
Originally Posted by weedahoe
Mine was the same way when I had SC. My mileage was no better (maybe worst) with the Mileage tune versus a performance tune
Same here, running the 91 performance tune netted me about 2-3mpg more than the 87 mileage tune.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried Mileage XS SAVE from SuperChips?