3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

So I drove Cooper Zeon LTZ's in snow last week...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 11:17 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by osufans
That's because those drivers don't know how to drive...4x4 or not. That's half the issue, some of these idiots get in their 4x4 and think they can go anywhere or do anything. Regardless of your vehicles capabilities, you always need be aware and drive as the conditions warrant.
enough said

Old 12-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Wanderer
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A 4 X 4 will get you going where a 4 X 2 will not. The major problem is the SUV drivers who moved up from a passanger car because they liked the "aggressive" stance and drive accordingly. Whereas you can get going better and faster, it does not brake any better. In fact with the higher center of gravity, brakeing efficiency is reduced complicated by the larger weight transfer. It is same the people who do not understand why it takes me just as long on the commute home. I have to explain I'm not driving Big foot and I am stuck in traffic like everyone else.

I love the snow and I run 20 incher in the summer for a better ride and gas mileage and a severe snow rated tire on the orginal 17s in the winter. All tire choices ae a trade off. A good all season performance tire will not be a good in the snow and a good snow/AT tire will not match a MT in the mud.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:24 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pcollins
Thanks for the review Dirty. I planned on getting these tires within the next 2 weeks anyway, but you just made my decision even more firm. Especially since I have a 2wd and will be moving to Denver soon! Thanks man.
Not a problem. Here's the link where I got them. Much cheaper than buying at the local store. I would order them up and have the local store just install them. Like $15-$20 per tire. You'll save the tax on the price of the tires plus you'll get them very cheap. Looks like they went up $4 for each one from last week. Prob because it's Christmas week? Anyway, things usually go up after the first of the year anyhow. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=275

Old 12-27-2008, 06:26 PM
JamesVT
Rookie

I too have the Zeon LTZ's in the 20" size. I live in Vermont, we've had a pretty harsh winter so far, (about 3 feet of snow this month alone!) And I often am off to work before the roads are plowed, so I am usually driving in about 6-12 inches commonly on the way to work, These tires have been AWESOME. Best tire i've ever bought, look awesome, preform awesome, enough said.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:12 PM
bd3

The Coopers rock and look great on the truck as well. Cant provide any feedback on driving in the snow as we dont see much in Florida. But it was a totally different truck in the rain from the OEM tires. They grip incredibly even in a heavy down pour. Highly recommend them.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:25 AM
PhotoRam
Rookie

Those sound like great tires! Gonna do some more reading on them.

As far as 4x4 vs 4x2... There is no real comparison! try this in a 2wd. Imagine a Camaro in this stuff?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDN09...eature=related

Old 12-28-2008, 01:02 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had these tires for about four months now and have no complaints about them. They handle great in all situations and they have a great aggressive look to them.

Quick Reply: So I drove Cooper Zeon LTZ's in snow last week...