3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

accelerator stuck

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 04:35 PM
morepower29
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just a reply

Originally Posted by 20RAM04
I wonder why?
A floored 3 ton truck smashes a fibeglass boat and the boat survives but the truck is destoyed.
the boat is fiberglass 4 1/2 inches of foam then fiberglass again. the truck pushed it about 25 feet. If it would have been up against a tree or my house would have been a completely different story. The truck might be about 5700lbs but the whole frontend is just sheet metal and plastic

Old 05-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

wow man, that sucks. I would be more devestated over losing my boat then my truck. sucks either way. well, plenty of good deals on boats right now to choose from i guess. just try to ignore all the newbie lamea$$es on here that were tryin to say it didnt really happen...wtf.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:15 AM
imimpulsive

This happened to me and I almost got killed. Ended up with a broken sternum and rib from the seat belt. Full details and pictures here: http://bit.ly/b9DsQE

Old 10-09-2010, 10:04 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THiers is a datta recorder in the ram trucks, not quite as complex as a black box,, but it can be downloaded. Law enforcement can get access to this in major trafiic incidents, all brands in the domostic market place have this.

Problem is trusting dodge to be faithful, all engine operations are monitored and stored, dodge dealer plugs in thier dodge coumputer and can decifer how the coumputer is running the whole show, ie mis fireing injectors ect.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:31 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Folks digging in the achieves.......

Old 10-10-2010, 04:58 AM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 20RAM04
I wonder why?
A floored 3 ton truck smashes a fibeglass boat and the boat survives but the truck is destoyed.
the boat has a big hole in it look at the pics man

Old 10-10-2010, 01:38 PM
imimpulsive

Originally Posted by cyclone429
THiers is a datta recorder in the ram trucks, not quite as complex as a black box,, but it can be downloaded. Law enforcement can get access to this in major trafiic incidents, all brands in the domostic market place have this.

Problem is trusting dodge to be faithful, all engine operations are monitored and stored, dodge dealer plugs in thier dodge coumputer and can decifer how the coumputer is running the whole show, ie mis fireing injectors ect.
Went that route with Chrysler and say said based on my serial number, it did not have the data recorder on that vehicle. My year/model was just before it became more standardized.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:33 PM
cachee

i have a 2008 ram 1500 coming home the other night it made a crazy noise i thought i blew a tire come to find out it was the electronic throttle box. had to have the damn thing towed to the dealer the ended up with a cracked head only 3yrs old and 50k miles seems a little crazy for me.

Quick Reply: accelerator stuck