3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

guy in a miata hit me...lol

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:45 AM
BEAR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I understand trying to take it easy on the guy but a guy like that needs to be taught some kind of lesson. If not just think what he might do to the next person, next thing might be a woman and kids he runs off the road and takes off on. I mean you were already nice enough to save him his CDL and prolly his job, If it were me he would pay through his a** to fix my truck. Like the "famous Hammer" always says "make a repair a mod".

Old 04-29-2009, 12:15 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I'da been all for making life easy for the guy, right up until he fled the scene. At that point, I'd a$$ rape the SOB!!!
had a guy hit me in the church parking lot, bent the right side of the bed in, hit the back of the cab, and a couple small scratched on the door ($1400 total). I didn't even notice it, but as I was getting in the truck, guy walked up, pointed it out, and said he'd pay for everything. Was a year ago, damage is still there cuz I don't have the heart to make this guy pay for it (he's pretty broke).

but in the case of this douche that hit you, SRT bumper for sure.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Ben D.
Champion

I agree with BEAR but personally I think he should have lost his CDL and it all. Imagine some idiot like that behind the wheel of a big rig. he can't hurt anyone in a miata but he can do some damage in a truck that's for sure.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:21 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Hoss356
Captain

Originally Posted by 04-fourseven
You did the nice guy thing. I would have pulled him out of his car knocked him a couple of times, and claim he hit his head when he spun out! technicalities...
Fourseven, I like the way you think, you don't f--k with a mans truck. I believe that's a man law!

Old 04-29-2009, 02:49 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

Should be the law... lol

Fee jay, your like me. If honest is shown, a mistake is a mistake. stuff happens. But that dirty little pole smoker wants to take off after hitting you? Not like he didnt know it, he spun out! You know whats sad, is here in California, he could get away with something like that too.

good luck again man, let us know what you decide.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Seanutz
Veteran

I thought It was added to the 2008 edition? Im not sure let me go get my Beer and reference it....

Old 04-29-2009, 03:20 PM
snidehockey
Rookie

I appreciate all the links and help...

On my day off I'm gonna get a few estimates...take the middle one, and tell the guy that hit me to give me that much $

Then I'll decide if I want to get the estimated work done, or pending the amount, get an srt bumper and have it painted...

Old 04-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you are doing something great by letting the guy off maybe it will be the act of kindness that makes him change and I would get the estimate for the SRT bumper painted and installed and give that to him because you are giving him a lesser fine by not taking his A$# in for hit and run and the least he can do is pay an extra 1500 bucks for you saving his job just my .02

Old 04-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

Ram>miata....I almost got in a wreck with one the other day, this guy decided to stop mid-turn in the middle of the intersection, My front bumper was taller than his trunk, I thought about parking on top of him...But that sucks dude, most people need to learn how to drive

Quick Reply: guy in a miata hit me...lol