3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

guy in a miata hit me...lol

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd go to his house, throw some chains around his axle, and take the miata for a spin around the block. I also keep a police baton in my glove box for those times you really need to bust a tail light or two on the idiot who hit you.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Cheeech
Banned

Originally Posted by snidehockey

So that was that...I thought. I got to the right lane to get on the 528 and he made his way over behind me, then as the ramp started to seperate from the interstate, he jumped into the crosshatching to try to pass me on the left. He quickly ran out of pavement and tried to get in front of me but didn't have room........and I sure wasn't about to slow down to accomodate his doucheness.

Well his rear passenger fender caught my front driver fender. Being that I am in a Ram, and him in a Miata - naturally he bounced off and spun in front of me off the right side of the ramp...

To me.....
Sounds like you sped up to purposely block him in and the Miata guy went for it anyway(jackass). If you yourself were stubborn enough to not let him pass, you both deserve the damage that was done. Understanding he was a dousche to begin with, but doesn't make it right.
Defensive driving is the practice of eliminating possible accidents. You stated you clearly seen what he was doing and knew he would be boxed in. If I were the First officer on scene, both of you would have been ticketed. The other guy for "crossing over a solid", possibly "wreckless driving", but those cases are in need for investigation and paperwork takes too long...lol, and you for "failure to yield". Both moving violations and something that causes each of you to go through your own insurance.
You got pretty lucky i must say. Regardless of what did in fact happen. What is what it would look and sounds like even if the guy admitting he did what he did.

Glad to hear both of you are OKAY!~

Old 04-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Cheeech
Banned

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
I'd go to his house, throw some chains around his axle, and take the miata for a spin around the block. I also keep a police baton in my glove box for those times you really need to bust a tail light or two on the idiot who hit you.

I'm glad i don't live near you or shall i say, you don't live near me????
Baton in the glove box is illegal regardless of what your purpose with it is. One thing i don't tolerate are any homemade or simplistic weapons in suspect vehicles. Those guys usually get the third degree in my squad.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:38 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^easy forum police. pretty sure it was a joke...

Old 04-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Cheeech
To me.....
Sounds like you sped up to purposely block him in and the Miata guy went for it anyway(jackass). If you yourself were stubborn enough to not let him pass, you both deserve the damage that was done. Understanding he was a dousche to begin with, but doesn't make it right.
Defensive driving is the practice of eliminating possible accidents. You stated you clearly seen what he was doing and knew he would be boxed in. If I were the First officer on scene, both of you would have been ticketed. The other guy for "crossing over a solid", possibly "wreckless driving", but those cases are in need for investigation and paperwork takes too long...lol, and you for "failure to yield". Both moving violations and something that causes each of you to go through your own insurance.
You got pretty lucky i must say. Regardless of what did in fact happen. What is what it would look and sounds like even if the guy admitting he did what he did.

Glad to hear both of you are OKAY!~
Failure to yield? He was in a single lane ramp. If the guy cut across he wouldn't be charged wth a moving violation.
"then as the ramp started to seperate from the interstate, he jumped into the crosshatching to try to pass me on the left"

Originally Posted by Cheeech
I'm glad i don't live near you or shall i say, you don't live near me????
Baton in the glove box is illegal regardless of what your purpose with it is. One thing i don't tolerate are any homemade or simplistic weapons in suspect vehicles. Those guys usually get the third degree in my squad.
Actually it's not illegal. My high school tried to get me on weapons charges and my lawyer pleaded it was a safety device in case i needed to break out my windows. Same with the knife in the glove box, in the event of an accident, i would have to cut my seat belt. Judge dismissed it.

and no i wasn't kidding.

Last edited by Got_Hemi44; 04-29-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:53 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

oh ok my bad. i dont see a big deal with it...

Old 04-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star

deffinatley dont believe the weapon thing I have a baseball bat underneath my seat and several knives as well and officers have seen them and don't even say a word so that is bogus as far as him being at fault for failure to yield he was in the wrong as soon as he tried to pass in a no passing solid line off ramp and cheech no offense but the most popo are ridiculous and the way you are trying to pin it is ignorant you could be totally different but thats my first impression

Old 04-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Hoss356
Captain

I carry one of these to check my tires since I don't have a tire gauge.

http://www.graphicice.com/index.php/...emID/912786967

Old 04-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Cheeech
Banned

In NYS, police officers have the right to issue a citation and confiscate any sort of device that the prurpose would be used for a weapon. Example, hankerchief with a padlock tied at the end.. A billy club as pictured..Any knife that has a fixed blade of more than 4". Butterly knives are illegal as well as ANY pepper spray.
Some cops are more leanient than others, just depends on the suspects personality. I'm just trying to save you from any appearance ticket headaches and court fees/surcharges.

And yes, even if the car was out of control and pulling up beside you while not even being on the road, you could be ticketed as well if you had told the cop "yeah, i seen him coming". The defense should be in your case....I never seen him come up beside me. Then you wouldn't be ticketed..ever. It's all about incriminating evidence.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:21 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

i hate drivers like that who think they own the road and do crazy stuff like that. sometimes i think about hitting them on purpose and it would be their fault but then i would look like an a$$. the biggest problems is the guy tried to run after hitting you. now thats just low. i wouldnt be so nice. id say just get an srt bumper. its not that much more if you buy it online. if you get if from a shop, they will most definitely jack up the prices. if you wanted to be nice, do some of the work yourself or make him do it to save money. its not too hard to paint and install it

Quick Reply: guy in a miata hit me...lol