3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

This is my last Ram, never again

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Cheeech
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoustonHEMI
Okay let’s take you take on the first issue. "The Dealer doesn't sell the part so they can "hit you over the head" on installation.

Correction, they do sell the part. I bought it from them. Now it's sitting on my toolbox in the garage. I just don't feel like ripping the entire dash assembly out at this time. One shouldn't have to do that on a three year old vehicle, at least not one that has any quality built into it.

H.H.
I think you misunderstood me when i stated it with the quote's. I know they make the part. Where else would you get that part? Dealer Only, for now.
I was saying that they make the part, but they don't make it JUST so they can rip you off in Labor charges. That's all I was trying to say.

If you changed your plugs 3 times. There's a chance maybe a coil pack?(Is that what they use?) or plug wires could be going bad or having issue's.

Maybe a Cam sensor. I have seen a thread or 2 about them????? I dunno if it would throw out any codes or not?

Old 05-31-2009, 02:26 PM
HoustonHEMI
Professional

Originally Posted by Cheeech
I think you misunderstood me when i stated it with the quote's. I know they make the part. Where else would you get that part? Dealer Only, for now.
I was saying that they make the part, but they don't make it JUST so they can rip you off in Labor charges. That's all I was trying to say.

If you changed your plugs 3 times. There's a chance maybe a coil pack?(Is that what they use?) or plug wires could be going bad or having issue's.

Maybe a Cam sensor. I have seen a thread or 2 about them????? I dunno if it would throw out any codes or not?
My mistake, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Your suggestion concerning a bad coil pack is what I'm suspecting as well. I've had it hooked up to the computer twice but there's no fault codes indicating anything is wrong.

I was also wondering if the faulty MDS system could be causing this problem?

Old 05-31-2009, 03:13 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Houston, I laughed at the situation a little when I read your post. Not laugh AT your problems, that sucks of course, but laughed because if you came on here and said "I am having a few problems with my dodge, guess what they are" I would have guessed:

1. Transmission lived a short life

2. AC or fan blower/compressor issues

3. Power Steering rack and pinion issues/failure

Why would I have guessed these three things? Because there common. I love my Dodge, and this one has been OK so far (ive had 3 power steering racks done under warranty), so far, BUT, these three things have a far greater failure and warranty claim rate then from GM and Fords counterparts, in fact, the numbers are not even close. I will see if I can dig it up, but the tranny, rack and pinion, AC and front end component repairs and claims are astronomical compared to the claims made on the full size ford and GMs for the same parts.

You can say, "every truck has its problems" "Every truck wears parts" etc, but the fact is, some brands do so much faster then others, and Dodge is one of them. And thats the difference from a reliable vehicle, and one thats not reliable.

You can take any truck to 300,000 miles, its how many parts you have replaced to get there that counts.

Of course I have heard of many trouble free reliable Dodge trucks, and I want mine to be one of them, but the numbers show you have a better chance with another truck manufacturer.

Its sad cause I feel dodge is ahead on its inovation with the trucks, there strong as hell, and everything looks great on paper, but once it comes to production or quality control, somthing is lost.

Last edited by MonkeyWrench4000; 05-31-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Matt99
Champion

I think I got a lemon also. I have a good looking truck, for sure (to me at least) but I have had nothing but problems out of it. No real drivetrain problems, just everything else. It went to the shop 13 times in less than a year, each having 3-5 issues each time. I heard that 3 times on the same thing=lemon and you are supposed to receive a new vehicle, but I dont know. The only reason it was only 13 times was that it took about 3 days at the least to get it back to me. My Ford had no issues and over 60,000 miles, and my Toyota I bought with 30,000 and drove it until 110,000 with no issues (both with meticulous maintenance). Not kicking Dodge, I just think I got a lemon....heres just a few of the issues ive claimed:

Blend Door 2x (i never use my AC by the way, I'm a windows down guy)
Speakers 4x (i dont listen to loud music at all)
Back Window Leak 3x
Fuse Box Replaced 2x
Checked for Rattle 5 times I can't find it, they "Cant hear it"
AC won't get below 80 degrees, they have recharged it 3x says no leak

So lemons exist, I have one. I baby my truck all pavement pretty much. Do any of you know the law on that?

Old 05-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoustonHEMI
It doesn't matter if it's difficult or easy to change the part. It's still a failed part of which Dodge knows there's a problem and yet they refuse to recall the defect. That's where my beef is with them.

The parts guy and the mechanic told me I was lucky it lasted this long and the new part, well it's exactly the same so I can expect it to break again within three years or so. What a crock!
You have beef because they refuse to replace a part welcome to the real world back in the day ford had a car that caught on fire in almost any small wreck and they refused to recall it because they figured it would be cheaper to pay out cash settlements then recall a part EVERY CAR COMPANY IN THE WORLD WILL DO THE EXACT SAME THING you also put way more than average miles on you truck you might have owned for 3 but you have put the miles on it for 6years
If anything you should go buy something else because you are obviously built FORD TUFF

Last edited by Ridinhigh; 05-31-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:43 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One eight hundreeeeeeeeeed MY LEMON

Old 05-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Matt99
Champion

Hmm I might call that tomorrow. I wonder if it would just be more work than its worth though....If they had to investigate my truck I would have to put my stock breather back on, exhaust, and everything else right?

Old 05-31-2009, 04:58 PM
dodge it then ram it
Veteran

Damn. I've had my truck for 20000 miles and the only problem I've had was the steering. My truck now has over 150,000 miles. You got a lemon. Make some lemonade.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Matt99
Champion

mine has about 27 or 28K miles...easy miles at that....I dunno tho, my buddy has a work truck with the HEMI and has problems with the motor, not the truck so who knows

Old 05-31-2009, 05:22 PM
HoustonHEMI
Professional

Originally Posted by Ridinhigh
You have beef because they refuse to replace a part welcome to the real world back in the day ford had a car that caught on fire in almost any small wreck and they refused to recall it because they figured it would be cheaper to pay out cash settlements then recall a part EVERY CAR COMPANY IN THE WORLD WILL DO THE EXACT SAME THING you also put way more than average miles on you truck you might have owned for 3 but you have put the miles on it for 6years
If anything you should go buy something else because you are obviously built FORD TUFF

Yea yea yea the Pinto, I remember them well. I actually drove one back in high school and college. Do you remember them White Knight ~chuckling~ or did you just read about them? I see you're 19 years old so must have read about it? In addition your "EVERY CAR COMPANY IN THE WORLD WILL DO THE EXACT SAME THING" holds little water. I've had Toyota, Chevy and Ford make good on defects in the past.

And who the hell puts only 10,000 miles on a vehicle in a year, you? If that's all then either you must leave your truck in the garage or you live in some Po-Dunk town where everything is within 5 miles of each other.

My last Chevy had over 200,000 miles before I traded it in on the 2004 RAM and it didn't have the issues my current 06 has.

You're obviously caught up in the "Dodge Hype" refusing to believe anything else could possibly be as good as Dodge. Well I've had Dodge, Chevy, Ford, and Toyota and judging from personal experience this 06 is the worst vehicle I've ever owned.

And one more thing, try going back and reading my thread in an unbiased state. You might be surprised to see where I stated my 04 RAM was a great truck. I wish I would have kept it. Dodge screwed up in 06.

H.H.

Last edited by HoustonHEMI; 05-31-2009 at 05:28 PM.