3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Best Performance Upgrades 4.7L

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 10:11 PM
matthewbeard
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgethis1986
Hi can I use the super chip or the sct on my 2008 dodge ram 4.7

here you go!
https://www.superchips.com/default.a...true&vfid=1226

Old 12-11-2010, 01:34 PM
nolabuds420

hi, i was kinda curious about upgrading my 05 dodge ram 1500 4.7 and came across this cai and was wondering if i should trust it. im not looking to do to much cause my price range is only like 500$ but figured i could upgrade it a little bit, any advice is appreciated

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-...Q5fAccessories

Old 11-10-2011, 01:59 PM
BBDakota[SLO]

I have the CIA, Flowmaster 40, TB Master on the 2005 4.7. What's the next step for more power?

Old 08-28-2018, 05:18 PM
BigA.
Default 04 Durango 4.7

Originally Posted by Pyro
What's the budget? Most go with the basics, CAI, tuner, gears, exhaust etc. If money is no object, forged internals, new heads, and forced induction is the way to go.
I'm looking into a turbo set up, on a durango. First build not sure whats comparable(intakemanifol/exhaust) I'm coming across alot of 2008 info Any Advice wuld be Abolished.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Originally Posted by BigA.
I'm looking into a turbo set up, on a durango. First build not sure whats comparable(intakemanifol/exhaust) I'm coming across alot of 2008 info Any Advice wuld be Abolished.
Abolished? Posting from a phone, are we?

Just not a lot out there in the world for the 4.7. What year is your Rango?

Old 04-13-2020, 09:59 AM
Trent Weaver
Default Can you get in touch with my i have a few questions. Email tweav016@aol.com.

Originally Posted by oefootball_70
1. Don't get that. Unless you get the 3865, the trans tuning will be like nothing else on the market when it comes out. Already beta testing it.

2. Dual exhaust is fine, but why spend the money. Buy a cut out so you have the free flow when you need it, and quite when you get tired of hearing that noise.

3. Buy a cheap ebay CAI if anything, they all do the same thing unless they are forced CAI

4. Do not buy one of these, they are a 100 dollar paper weight

5.E-fan good for 10 rwhp

6. Good "cheap" mod

7. Good luck finding one

Now that those have been addressed.

1. CAI
2. Cut out or free flowing muffler that still has good back pressure (stay away from Flowmaster) Go with magnaflow, or as previously stated cut out.
3. E-Fan
4. Gears 4.56, if you are doing gears now might as well do a new LSD while its opened up.
5. Tuner if want Superchips 3865, if you want a lifetime of custom tuning SCT has a 375 dollar deal right now with the tuner
6. 2008 intake manifold swap. This one was way better, redesigned, ported, and all around bigger.
7. 180 T Stat
8. Replace the factory Y pipe, super restrictive.
9.2800 Edge stall convertor
10. EGR delete, which you will be able to do with the tuning on your SCT just buy the EGR block off plate
11. And if cams ever become available again for our trucks them you will already have the custom tuning for life and it will be way less of a hassle.
12. PM me with any more questions.
dndndbdbdnc

Old 02-05-2023, 09:55 AM
aloucks125

Can’t say I’d consider ported heads not getting into the engine too much…

Old 04-02-2023, 10:06 AM
Rom fan
Default performance information

Originally Posted by oefootball_70
1. Don't get that. Unless you get the 3865, the trans tuning will be like nothing else on the market when it comes out. Already beta testing it.

2. Dual exhaust is fine, but why spend the money. Buy a cut out so you have the free flow when you need it, and quite when you get tired of hearing that noise.

3. Buy a cheap ebay CAI if anything, they all do the same thing unless they are forced CAI

5.E-fan good for 10 rwhp

6. Good "cheap" mod

7. Good luck finding one

1. CAI
2. Cut out or free flowing muffler that still has good back pressure (stay away from Flowmaster) Go with magnaflow, or as previously stated cut out.
3. E-Fan
4. Gears 4.56, if you are doing gears now might as well do a new LSD while its opened up.
5. Tuner if want Superchips 3865, if you want a lifetime of custom tuning SCT has a 375 dollar deal right now with the tuner
6. 2008 intake manifold swap. This one was way better, redesigned, ported, and all around bigger.
7. 180 T Stat
10. EGR delete, which you will be able to do with the tuning on your SCT just buy the EGR block off plate
11. And if cams ever become available again for our trucks them you will already have the custom tuning for life and it will be way less of a hassle.
12. PM me with any more questions.
I just bought a 2006 ram and it has the 4.7 in it. I really want to ramp up the power as much as possible. I am running on a one thing a time budget. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-04-2023, 11:44 AM
Rom fan

[QUOTE=oefootball_70;1843648]1. Don't get that. Unless you get the 3865, the trans tuning will be like nothing else on the market when it comes out. Already beta testing it.

5.E-fan good for 10 rwhp

6. Good "cheap" mod

7. Good luck finding one

1. CAI
3. E-Fan
7. 180 T Stat
12. PM me with any more questions.[/QUOTE I'd like to have a little more information about all of these power adders. Do they make an aftermarket intake manifold closely resembling the 08? I would also like to put a cam in mine for a little more torque at low end. Looking into torque-Amp electric turbo as well. Comes completely ready to bolt on and requires no exhaust change for a conventional turbo. A better flowing exhaust would be an asset undoubtedly. The cost of the electric turbo is offset by the savings of all of the mods not needed to use it over a conventional turbocharger. Trying to get a factory direct deal so I can video everything from start to finish including dyno testing and stats.

Old 04-05-2023, 08:27 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 216 Likes on 196 Posts

Quick Reply: Best Performance Upgrades 4.7L