3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

got spanked!!! need opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 01:24 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by southernbnb
yeah i know there will always be somebody faster. im not trying to make it into a race car. its my daily driver. but i want her to go faster! lol thank you for the in depth response rodder. i have a question for you though. if i were to go the supercharger route wouldnt i still need to upgrade other stuff as well. maybe im just out of my head but it seems to me that just slapping a supercharger on to a bone stock motor is just asking for trouble!
Actually it works out well. As you up the the pressure, the engine finally lets go and you get to build a new bigger more powerful engine so you can go through the cycle again. This is all very addictive. For me I'm with John, prep the truck this year and build a motor when everything else is ready for it. Great fun!!

Old 05-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Olerodder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

southernbnb;

The supercharger gives you the "most bang for the buck" of any external modification...............period! Yes, the initial expense is high, but so are the rewards when it comes to HP and reliablity.
OK, there are a couple of things that need to be done when you install a supercharger, 1. You need to make sure you have the best possible "air intake system" ahead of the supercharger. By that I mean best unrestricted system. 2. You need to have a good exhuaust system, preferably headers and a true dual system. 3. It would be very good to have an alcohol injection system.
Now, you could put the supercharger on without any of the above three items mentioned above.....................then as time and money become available add them later. Remember the "air pump" theme, and as you add them you can experiment with the boost (by changing pulleys) to find out what works best for you.....................
As far as a stock motor handling boost, well.......................had an 98 Mustang Cobra with Wipple Charger and managed 18lbs boost before breaking a ring land.................then drove it back home some 150 miles without distroying the motor, of course this was a DOHC Ford motor so I can't speak about the newer Hemi motors................but would suspect they are even stronger than the 4.6L Ford.......................IMHO
Hope that answered your question.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:11 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Whipple on a hemi would make for a nice setup.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:05 AM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

Silver... LOL. My computer messed up when I sent you a PM...

Old 05-23-2010, 11:38 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by 04-fourseven
Silver... LOL. My computer messed up when I sent you a PM...
lol i still dont have one. email me if you want. my address is in my profile...

Old 05-23-2010, 04:55 PM
4matty3
Captain

get a cummins. bro has one runs low 13's with just a few things. crazy power, it actually hurts ur neck

Old 05-26-2010, 04:03 AM
southernbnb
Captain

i would love a cummins but i am gonna have to stick with my gasser for now!!! lol

Old 06-30-2010, 09:04 PM
mr_blove

I have been reading this and noticed alot of people mentioned a TC as a mod. What is a TC? How does it help performance? And how much do they cost?

Old 06-30-2010, 09:14 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TC = Torque Converter

Old 06-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Thatonekidw/theHEMI
Veteran

option one. Dont try to turn your truck into a racecar, leave that to the track only trucks
option two. Add mucho power, loose mucho gas mpgs. loose streetability.
option three. Mild mods. (ie SC, exhaust, C.A.I ect..) These will make your truck more fun to drive with out sacrificing to much drivability.
but....
i dont care what anyone says. Trucks are for hauling/towing
Cars are much better suited for "racing" and such.

just my 02.

Quick Reply: got spanked!!! need opinions please.