3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

got spanked!!! need opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 04:23 PM
southernbnb
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got spanked!!! need opinions please.

so because im a tard i pulled up next to the chick im talking to last night at a red light. she was in her mustang and when the light turned green she waxed my azz!!! so that has changed my ideas for my truck. from this point forward all mods will be performance related!! i already have a home brew intake and my truck had an exhaust on it when i bought it. i am saving up for a superchips. my future plans are to redo my exhaust with hi flow cats and mufflers. my question is which would help me more, shorty or long tube headers? and after that what should i get next? i am bowing to the superior wisdom of the DF gurus!!!!!! lol

Old 05-20-2010, 04:28 PM
new2this
Professional

im no guru but i think long tube headers will do you better than shorties, get some high flow cats, new y or h depending on if your going duals and then throw that chip on there to a 91 tune and see if that cant help a bit, if you can, try and save for a new cam...that would help a lot!

Old 05-20-2010, 04:31 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

she have a v6 or gt?

Old 05-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

I've been told the cats on our trucks are fine, buying high flow is a waste of money. The stock Y is where the restriction is.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:33 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

Was her mustang 4, 6, or 8 cylinder, that makes all the difference, if it was an 8, or even a newer 6 then you arent going to beat her... sorry, thats just a fact jack. if it was any of the smaller engines then you could stand a chance. I mean, my girlfriends 4 cylinder volvo gives my truck a good run for its money, of course we can take the smaller engine mustangs in it. 8 cylinder car, beats 8 cylinder truck. But, we didnt get our trucks to be faster than cars did we?

Old 05-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

Slap a cam in that thing, do heads and intake. LT's will show way more gains than shorties and with cats the stocks are basically hi flow so you can either replace or ditch em all together.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:35 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mega-Hemi
I've been told the cats on our trucks are fine, buying high flow is a waste of money. The stock Y is where the restriction is.

ditto, also, what gears do you have? it takes some low gearing to really get these heavy trucks moving. keep in mind, that a mustang ways far less than a ram, therefore, it doesnt take as much power to get it moving faster.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:13 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

A torque converter would help you tremendously as well. I know just the place you can get a GREAT deal on one!

...in my sig

Old 05-20-2010, 06:20 PM
o6ramm
Banned

You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig , Point is race other trucks yeah go for it. screw with cars, and your in for a world of humility. These are not the fleetest of foot(s) or is it feet?

Old 05-20-2010, 06:23 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

^ picking on cars is the funniest. they never think your brick is that fast furds are too slow

Quick Reply: got spanked!!! need opinions please.