3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Going on a trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Beastro
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeHTally
I was afraid of that. Like GasGuy said - new tires or good used tires should be at the top of the list. I've bought several sets of used tires for local runnin' around. They would have probably been OK for long distances, but I never tried that.
A;right thanks guys. finding a used tire for 20in wheels is impossible in maine and all my mony is tied up in this trip. I l have to look hard

Old 08-02-2010, 06:33 AM
Beastro
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took everyone's advice I found some tires on cl. They are the cooper discoverer s/t's great tread design and the ones I found have over half tread left got all four for $300. They are for 18in wheels so I whent to look at wheels and the tire guy said my truck needs to be lifted to fit 18in wheels and tires under it. I told him there are 20's on there no how is that possible 2 other tire guys (diff shops) said the same thing. Is this true? Im ordering a level and new shocks monroe Gas Magnums anyway. What kind of a job is it to replace the front shocks the back look easy just woundering time wise for the front? The level is the ready lift level anybody got this on there truck and issues?

Last edited by Beastro; 08-02-2010 at 06:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Going on a trip