3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Download data from SCT 3865?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:24 AM
areinike
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Download data from SCT 3865?

Is there a way to "record" or log data on the SCT and be able to download them to your PC?

Old 09-21-2010, 10:58 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

yes but you have to go to their website with the tuner connected and download the logging application

Old 09-21-2010, 12:40 PM
areinike
Veteran

okay, I got that already. I downloaded the Advanced Data Acquisition update and it applied. I'm just curious how to get the data off or read the data with the PC (it's hooked up, etc.). I don't see any options in the app.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:54 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

superchips 3865 and sct are two different tuners...

Old 09-21-2010, 01:14 PM
areinike
Veteran

I'm sorry. I know this sounds like a dumb question. I hate asking dumb questions.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:15 PM
areinike
Veteran

whoops. You're right. I got them confused. Sorry. Was thinking SuperChips Tuner ... HAH .. damn computers ...

Old 09-21-2010, 08:17 PM
badblackram06
Veteran

Ok this is how i got mine. You have to have something recorded on the tuner for it to pull up the data. To do that you have to use the Data acquisitioin. I had to download it to mine through the Superchips Easy Update program. If you already have it on both the computer and tuner, Go to your computer plug in your Superchips. Let the computer recognize the tuner. When thats done click the "Start" button at the bottom, Click "all programs", Then find "Superchips Easy Update". Click on it and it should open up to two more items. Click "Launch DAQ". When the Data Acquisition loads browse where you want to save the file, then type the format you want at the end of the file name. Either .html or .csv. For example, (testrun.html).. I've always done .html. Then when you do that click "get data". That should retrieve the data from the tuner. This has always worked for me.

If there is no "Launch DAQ" within the superchips easy update folder you may need to redownload Easy update to get it.

Last edited by badblackram06; 09-21-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:32 PM
areinike
Veteran

I guess I'm not doing "recorded" data, but just live data. Launch DAQ doesn't show. Regardless, I'm returning it. It seems not to get along with my 2003 Ram very well as it takes numerous attempts for it to gain access to the PCM to do anything. With a battery charger going and the battery at 14VDC, it still took about 10 attempts before I could put the stock tune back on to return it. It's too finicky, data logging locks up all of the time and I have to keep unplugging it and plugging it back in to reset it. Just not what I expected out of a $340 tuner. Maybe later on down the road, I'll try another one - maybe this one's just bad, but I've heard of these things not working great with our 2002 and 2003 Rams from Superchips themselves so who knows.

Quick Reply: Download data from SCT 3865?