3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Getting Frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:04 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey, but then again if everyone read and didnt ask, how boring and dead would the site be?

There are pros and cons to both sides of this.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:31 PM
boopadoopa
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see these types of posts daily too however I also see lots of people respond to them and give them answers.. Weed is correct if everyone went to the search section ans not ask or make a new post this forum would be a boring non used site.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:50 PM
SLT8
Record Breaker

I don't mind in providing any assistance i can give and its a nice way to communicate to new members joining the site. Lord knows i have posted a few "newbie" questions over the years weather Dodge or another enthusiast community.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:17 PM
KY BIGRAM
Veteran

Curious, when is a noob considered a noob? Is it the person with the least amount of posts? I have noticed an ample amount of these questions coming from members with 4-digit post numbers. A lot of young and lesser experienced people are on here trying to find the information that we all have asked before. I agree with the previous few, bring on the questions. I assume this forum is for Dodge enthusiasts, start 'em young and let them learn. They may just be working on your truck one day!!!

Now,,,, Back to huntin'.................................................. .................................................. ................................

Last edited by KY BIGRAM; 11-16-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:17 PM
pjordan4477
Veteran

Everyone wants specific answers to their truck, and they want pictures and personal bests, and the people that post change from time to time too.

The best mod to this site would be a 100 post milestone before you can start a thread.

Other than that, we all like to brag about our truck and what we have that we enjoy, so let 'em ask. I know I've started some threads without searching...also it's it's not a tech thread then it's personal opinoin anyway, so why not gather your own data based on your specific question.

Can't we all just get along?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:34 PM
B-radical
Professional

You could just make this a banner up top

(It's a .gif, click it)

Last edited by B-radical; 12-07-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:49 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I like that radical.

One thing I wish was more common .....Members who solve their issue who actually report back their findings for others to learn from. You get lots of these guys who make a thread and there's 100 replies all with good info, but no actual end result. Therefore, a newbie coming along asks the same question and the cylce repeats yet again.
Ask, get answered, fix your problem, report back! It's simple and respectufl IMO.

I agree with Weedahoe, while it does get repetative, all forums would be dead if nobody made new or otherwise repeat posts.

Pjordan said it best...Everyone wants specific answers to THEIR own truck. Not everyone can relate anothers problems with their own. They need to be told over and over by several different members before they feel comfortable about fixing the problem.

But OP, The FAQ SECTION is where it's at for the stuff you mentioned.
.................^^^^^Click^^^^^

Last edited by dirtydog; 11-16-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Matt99
Champion

your right Dirty about the reporting back. I have searched and been super excited about the answers to problems on many different forums just to find that a solution was explained but nobody let you know if it worked or not

Old 11-16-2010, 04:57 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by KY BIGRAM
Curious, when is a noob considered a noob? Is it the person with the least amount of posts? I have noticed an ample amount of these questions coming from members with 4-digit post numbers. A lot of young and lesser experienced people are on here trying to find the information that we all have asked before. I agree with the previous few, bring on the questions. I assume this forum is for Dodge enthusiasts, start 'em young and let them learn. They may just be working on your truck one day!!!

Now,,,, Back to huntin'.................................................. .................................................. ................................
If you have less posts than me you are a noob......LMAO!!!

Old 11-16-2010, 08:51 PM
cjs4444
All Star

Or if you have as many posts as him you could be considered as having no life.....lol

jk weed

Quick Reply: Getting Frustrated