3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2006 Factory NAV bezel

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Scott06HEMI
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Factory NAV bezel

Before you roast me that this has been answered in other threads let me ask the entire question...er questions.

I have an 06 with the standard crap radio bezel and want to put in a 2DIN nav aftermarket radio. I have a single DIN fold out NAV system that just took a crap and want to replace it with a Double Din so I am familiar with the dash and radio area.

Question 1:
Does any one have pics of the NAV bezel with the brushed looking silver trim AND a pic of the NAV bezel that has just plain gray trim? No woodgrain at all, just one all gray and one with the silver. I don't know which one I'd like better and I'm not going to ask the dealer to order both since a friend of mine at the dealer is giving it to me at cost I don't want to ask him to get both and be stuck with one.

Question 2:
If I do get the NAV bezel and metra install kit, will I have a problem with the depth of the radio opening...like will I have to cut anything out the back of my dash to get the aftermarket NAV to slide all the way in? I really don't want to cut anything.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:30 PM
luckydt
Veteran

I have to ask what is cost for a dealer on one of these? I have two bezels sitting out in my garage 1 nav and 1 regular, but both have woodgrain. Last time i looked you could pick them up for about $80 off E-bay.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:51 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

No cutting. Perfect fit. You will lose your lower pocket though.

luckydt...price from the dealer is around $140. You can pick them up on Ebay for $115shipped all day long.

I don't have further away pics than this, but it gives you an idea. Matches my interior perfectly.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:50 PM
CaliDodgeRam
Veteran

Go to crutchfield.com enter all your info and all the radios under the moon that will fit your truck will pop up, but don't buy from them or you will get screwed, just do your research there.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:39 PM
DohCanadian
Amateur

I'm about to order a Kenwood double din so i've done a bit of research on this.

Your best bet is ebay, I found the double din bezel for $130 shipped on ebay, and went and asked the dealer for a price and they said $220. So ebay it is.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:49 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I can get nice double DIN Kenwoods all day got 300+/-

Old 11-30-2010, 08:01 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by weedahoe
I can get nice double DIN Kenwoods all day got 300+/-
What models? I'm looking to buy one after xmas.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Scott06HEMI
Professional

Prices I've gotten for part# 1CP581DHAB is $152 from the dealer and part# 5KS701DHAB is $134 but with my connection at the dealership they end up being $114 and $100 respectively. The Pic above by Dirtydog shows the bezel trimmed in silver but I've heard that there is one that is a gray/slate combo. Anyone ever seen that?

The Kenwoods for $300 ??? Do they come with Nav?

and on a side note I hate the woodgrain.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:45 AM
B-radical
Professional

I need to look into the same for my 04 1500......reason is, when Ig ot my truck, there's 2 dvd screens in the rear headrests....not sure if they are factory or not but they are there....just not hooked up.

Wondering if it would be better to get a head unit to run them, or a small unit to run them.....that way, when my son gets older, he could watch a movie with headphones on, and we could still have the radio/mp3/whatever up front?

Wonder what I would need for the second option? I've never really looked into dvd players for vehicles

Old 11-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Scott06HEMI
Professional

you can get one made for a vehicle or just a home DVD player with a power inverter. My suggestion if you go the second route is to use a portable DVD player that has video out. Since it's made to travel it might be better at handling bumps and would have something built in to help prevent skipping.

Quick Reply: 2006 Factory NAV bezel