3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2.5 inch leveling

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Matt99
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great. I wish trucks came from the factory level!

Daniel, generally they rate the lift as higher than what it actually gives because the companies say "the geometry of the suspension actually gives more lift than the spacer itself" but Im yet to see it give MORE....I dunno.

And the ride isnt really affected as much by the shocks as it is by the suspension changes. A spacer compresses the coil, making a stiffer ride and in my case, UCA and spring bucket contact

My rims are powdercoated also. Stands up way better than paint, less care than paint, and cheaper usually. Any metal can be done

Old 01-10-2011, 06:36 AM
danielgomez

Matt your totally right. My kit said it was 2.5 but the spacer was two inches , so it lifted it two inches , which is not level for my truck atleast. Your right about the shocks too bro, I replaced them because they were oem ones , didn't make a difference , its a bit stiffer

Old 01-10-2011, 07:45 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

So where are those pics? LOL

Old 01-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by danielgomez
Matt your totally right. My kit said it was 2.5 but the spacer was two inches , so it lifted it two inches , which is not level for my truck atleast. Your right about the shocks too bro, I replaced them because they were oem ones , didn't make a difference , its a bit stiffer
You know, I really like to think I know a bit about these 2wd levels but Im still bumfuzzeled about them sometimes. Yours was rated at 1/2" above the actual spacer height. But it lifted the exact level of the spacer. Mine was 3" tall but rated at 2.5" and honestly, Im not sure what it gave me. Ive changed too many things to tell what it really gave me now.

Its pretty crazy. Nobody has gotten an exact answer from companies, and they do different things to different trucks. We need to start a sticky on lift from spacers to keep a tab on what height people get from what sized spacers. Not what they say, but the actual height. Heres a pic i did to explain it awhile ago.
Name:  Spacer.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  7.5 KB

Old 01-14-2011, 04:28 PM
jbaz

Hey guys, new to the forum but I have a 05 ram 1500 4x4 with a leveling kit and 2" rear blocks to put on but I can't seem to find a set of shocks to fit. bilstein has nothing for me and I was hoping to get them. Rancko makes a set but there Rancho, any help would help.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Matt99
Champion

rancho shocks are good. You can get a set of 2wd 2500 shocks which are 2in longer and they will work

Old 01-14-2011, 04:33 PM
jbaz

same year as mine cause I heard 94-01 had longer as well.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:55 PM
danielgomez

I had the 2500 shocks next to the 1500 ones and they were the same so I don't know about that, don't think longer shocks matter though it will still be stiffer

Old 01-17-2011, 03:52 PM
jbaz

I'm kinda hooped with this kit then, The web sites say there fine but any other posts I've seen say the shock will over extend. Does anyone know what the shocks are measured at compresed and extended front & rear from the factory? Maybe with some counter patients at the parts store I can find something to work. I was realy hoping for belsteins! Maybe not.

Quick Reply: 2.5 inch leveling