3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Replacing 06 2500 tires, Montana tire dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 04:50 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replacing 06 2500 tires, Montana tire dealers?

Run over several small chunk's of steal, with prongs, best way I can describe it.

My stock oem BFG R/T T/A are now toasted ( tires were all ready on the way to being toast) I have a new set of lt 265 70/17 nitto dura grapples on pretty rims I use for summer tires, ( bought on line at discount tire, pics in my profile ) I'm verry happy this road hazzard did not happen on thease tires!

I'm considering the all terrian BFG as a replacment winter tire for my stock rims, The R/T T/A is the worst tire I have ever had on a truck, I have had great luck with BFG in the past, which is way the All terrain is a possible option.

Good year, Firestone, bridgestone, hancooks are not options .

Road trip into Montana to buy tires is highly desirible as Calgary tire dealers are quoting insane prices for the R/T TA, I was considering 3 new R/T T/A as my spare is brand new.

Rims and tires I bought on line 2 years ago were cheaper than new tire quotes I'm now getting in Calgary.

Looking for feed back on who sells nitto tires in Great Falls Montana, ordering on line for just the tire is cheaper, but I would have to get them mounted here in Calgary.

Big o tire in Great Falls quoted 280.00 US. per tire mounted, installed.

Not worried abought the Cadn. screw me tax for comming home.

Thanks.

Last edited by cyclone429; 12-16-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-16-2010, 05:22 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have no clue about any tire dealers up thataway, but I paid $127.50 a tire for 265/65/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers locally for my SUV. Surely a 265/70/17 can't be a lot more.
BTW I like your choice in summer tire, I have a buddy with a CTD who hauls over the open road, often pulling a gooseneck and he has the Dura Grapps and loves them. Great tire for a 3/4 or 1 ton over the road truck...

Old 12-16-2010, 05:43 PM
nussdawg395
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I havent checked prices and like hammer am not familiar with dealer that way but i know i have the bfg all terrain t/a ko's and i love them. Ive had 2 sets on my old chevy and now a set of 35's on my ram and have had good luck with them. They wear nice and really do the job. I've used them on and off road, including mud and this ridiculous amount of snow were getting, and they performed excellent in all conditions for me. Lots of choices out there but this is just my input on those tires you asked about.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:16 PM
03celicagts
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclone429
Run over several small chunk's of steal, with prongs, best way I can describe it.

My stock oem BFG R/T T/A are now toasted ( tires were all ready on the way to being toast) I have a new set of lt 265 70/17 nitto dura grapples on pretty rims I use for summer tires, ( bought on line at discount tire, pics in my profile ) I'm verry happy this road hazzard did not happen on thease tires!

I'm considering the all terrian BFG as a replacment winter tire for my stock rims, The R/T T/A is the worst tire I have ever had on a truck, I have had great luck with BFG in the past, which is way the All terrain is a possible option.

Good year, Firestone, bridgestone, hancooks are not options .

Road trip into Montana to buy tires is highly desirible as Calgary tire dealers are quoting insane prices for the R/T TA, I was considering 3 new R/T T/A as my spare is brand new.

Rims and tires I bought on line 2 years ago were cheaper than new tire quotes I'm now getting in Calgary.

Looking for feed back on who sells nitto tires in Great Falls Montana, ordering on line for just the tire is cheaper, but I would have to get them mounted here in Calgary.

Big o tire in Great Falls quoted 280.00 US. per tire mounted, installed.

Not worried abought the Cadn. screw me tax for comming home.

Thanks.
nittos are american made arent they?? So no duty, just gst. Maybe they are made overseas. Either way Id just get them shipped to At the boarder storage then drive down and pick them up in sweet grass. Discount tire is free shipping so all u pay is $20 to store your tires for the week.

By the time u waste fuel and time to drive to great falls might as well get them mounted in Canada. If u dont like Calgary prices try Mo Tires on 13th St here in Lethbridge. Theyve done good work. They install my kuhmo ecsta xs on my celi, and installed dynapros and did an alignment on my 2010 ford 4x4. Im happy with there work.

If Customs catches u (ie finds a reciept), or suspects anything they can issue huge fines, and even impound your truck. Customs is one enforcement agency i would not **** with

Old 12-17-2010, 12:36 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

Manny a expierance's with canada cutsoms, in june I went to great falls with the new rubber, good thing I had the orginal bill from discont tire in the glove box showing the tax I paid and the delivery date to my calgary adress.

Dumb dumbs thought I was pulling a fast one on them. I have no intentions dodgeing them and dancing threw Canada customs games,if your in the US more than 48 hrs, you get $400.00 of tax on items you bring back, $750.00 for a week ( check, not 100% sure ) if I were to cross into BC, HST has to be paid.

Some nitto tires are made in japan ( my dura grapplers were )

AS for the road trip, I'm on the slow wave of EI (unemployment, seasonal lay off ) so I have lots of time on my hands to tell the cdn governmet I'm leaving the country, lots of time to hang out in K mart, Wallmart, Wallgreens, ect.

Canidan tire is selling the BFG All terrain for 250.00 a tire (not including install ) and thats cheaper than Big o in Great falls, but well all could go on a posting rampage abought crappy tire.

THe dura grappler is a way better tire than the BFG R/T TA any time of the year, so I may bite the money bug and put on the summer rims and tires 365/24/7.

Montana dosent have a sate sales tax, 1 buck recycle fee per tire, Alberta is 4 bucks a tire.

Last edited by cyclone429; 12-17-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: not sure
Old 12-17-2010, 12:42 AM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know here in kalispell there are a few shops that have great pricing...

Old 12-17-2010, 01:14 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by offroadjosh
I know here in kalispell there are a few shops that have great pricing...
Names would help me out, seraching on line on US. tire dealer web sites for a specfic brand of tire is a pain, as I don't get the prices for the tires, Than I have to find the postal code for each city in the states I pretend to live in, only to get sent back to the orginal tire brand website I was looking at.

Shelby, CuttBank, Coulumbia falls, Great falls, ect is kinda were I would like to go, any where past Hellena, Than I will just keep going until Vegas.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:45 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

I found a big O tire, Big sky Tire 2 TireRama stores, Leschawb and costco( don't have American express, don't if you need one in the states, in Canada, cash, debit card or American Express)

Old 12-17-2010, 01:55 AM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kalispell, has several (59901) Missoula has a lot too (idk the code there) But we have shwabs, tire rama, m and c, big o, whelen, and so on... there are several that have great local pricing, i can get you phone numbers if you'd like.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:27 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

here s a pic of one of two damged tires

Last edited by cyclone429; 04-25-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Replacing 06 2500 tires, Montana tire dealers?