3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What tire do you like?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 08:18 AM
minime_0616
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What tire do you like?

What tire do you like that lasts on the street but works good in the mud? I do alot of street driving but like to get my truck dirty in the mud

Old 12-24-2010, 09:00 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Just get a good radial mud tire, like BFG, Dick Cepek, Interco, Nitto, Toyo etc. They may not last quite as long as an A/T on the street, but you will be much happier with them in the mud. I have used radial mud tires on my daily driver for years and have never been discouraged with the ride quality or mileage I get out of them.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:20 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Ain't many tires worth a lick in the mud that lasts on pavement. Mickey Thompson and Dick Cepeks are one of the few but you pay for the luxury. They are among the most expensive tires out there. Look at the Cepek Mud Country and Mickey Thompson MTZ.

Ones to avoid are Nitto Mud Grapplers and Interco (Super Swamper) which are GREAT mud tires but don't last on pavement. Personally I'd stay away from anything that says either BFG or Goodyear on the side of them as well...

Old 12-24-2010, 11:59 AM
glass3222
Captain

Toyo Open Country MTs

Old 12-24-2010, 10:00 PM
dodgemudder
Rookie

nitto trai grapplers are great on pavement and in mud. ive got about 22,000 on mine and can easily get 40,000 total miles on them. they are really quiet for a mud tire and they are great in the mud. from my experience they clean out really well and will are tough tires. they have never let me down and ive been through every kind of mud i can think of and they work great. i plow through floor board deep mud like its barely there. highly recamend these tires to anyone who does highway driving and likes to get dirty on the weekends.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:03 PM
cjs4444
All Star

Check out Kelly Safari TSR, they are a hybrid. I have them and love them, they have big lugs and alot of siping.......

http://www.jcwhitney.com/safari-tsr-...65&zmap=33956G

Old 12-24-2010, 11:06 PM
CardinalsFan11
Professional

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Ain't many tires worth a lick in the mud that lasts on pavement. Mickey Thompson and Dick Cepeks are one of the few but you pay for the luxury. They are among the most expensive tires out there. Look at the Cepek Mud Country and Mickey Thompson MTZ.

Ones to avoid are Nitto Mud Grapplers and Interco (Super Swamper) which are GREAT mud tires but don't last on pavement. Personally I'd stay away from anything that says either BFG or Goodyear on the side of them as well...
Why would you avoid BFG or Goodyear? Those two brands are far superior than Dick Cepek or Mickey Thompson... They'll save you money but wear out much faster..

Old 12-24-2010, 11:12 PM
cjs4444
All Star

Far superior......Lol Hammer is going to take you to school!

also BFG AT are not superior to MT in anyway....

Old 12-24-2010, 11:26 PM
dodgemudder
Rookie

Originally Posted by CardinalsFan11
Why would you avoid BFG or Goodyear? Those two brands are far superior than Dick Cepek or Mickey Thompson... They'll save you money but wear out much faster..
haha. BFG's arent any cheaper and goodyear tires are some of the worst. dick cepek and mickey thompsom are one of the best tires out there and will take almost any tire out there to school. why do you think so many people put baja claws on their rock crawlers, trail rigs, and mud trucks next to super swampers.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:57 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by CardinalsFan11

That statement is so ridiculous it doesn't even deserve a reply.

Also, I would agree with glass3222 & dodgemudder and throw the Toyo Open Country MTs and Nitto Trail Grapps in the mix. They are about a clone of each other and are well respected off-road tires with good road manners as well...

Quick Reply: What tire do you like?