3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 05:02 PM
ricer
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody know about Powerstop Z-16 Evolution ceramic pads? Here's a link I found.
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...gs+Best+Seller
Name:  ed8.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  17.2 KB

Old 04-11-2011, 06:08 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I've always gone to PowerSlot rotors and Hawk pads when I've gotten to the first pad replacement time in my vehicles. Dunno when I'll have to in this truck, I changed the oil about two months ago and gave the truck a GOOD once-over and the original pads were still about half good at 50k miles...

Old 08-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Kozy

I'm looking at this combo of rotors and pads on eBay.....I'll post my experience once I get them delivered and installed.

Last edited by Kozy; 08-03-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:27 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Kozy
I'm looking at this combo of rotors and pads on eBay.....I'll post my experience once I get them delivered and installed.
We had a member get that exact set about a year and a half ago on a pretty modded truck and he loved them...

Old 08-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Originally Posted by QUICK
I and a few others purchased the front and rear rotor and pad combo from "BrakeMotive" on ebay. My combo cost 275.00 and came with Brembo zinc plated drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads. Shipping fast and they are working great!
As far as I'm aware, BrakeMotive uses Powerslot blanks for the applications on our trucks, then drills and coats them. Did you special order the Brembos?

Those are the ones I just installed on my truck. Put about 500 miles on them so far, and I've had no issues with them yet. They stop great, IMO.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Flagman

Does anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.ate-na.com/generator/www/...2_pads_us.html

They're 25% off at my Canadian Tire store this week, and I know I'm due for pads pretty soon on my 2006 ram. Apparentely they are the best they sell.

Thanks,

Old 08-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Kozy

Well the job is done and the truck rides smooth as butter now. Thank god i don't get the **** shaken out of me every time I hit the brakes. Only hard part was when 3 of the 4 rotors wouldn't come off without a lot of help and also when I found out that the bolts on both rear calipers had Loc-Tite on them.

Now all I need to do is change out the Intermediate shaft so that rattle disappears and it will be like a brand new truck!

Quick Reply: Brakes