3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 06:31 AM
marky0304
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes

Ok, it's just about time for new brakes front and rear. I don't want any more warping in my rotors! What do you guys recommend for pads and rotors? I tow very little (maybe a light trailer twice a year).

Old 01-17-2011, 09:35 AM
stenerson
Veteran

I got the Raybestos Advanced technology rotors and their semi-metallic pads.
Most recommend ceramic as the best for stopping power. I hear they last longer
butt chew up the rotors much quicker. Semi-metallic got plenty of stopping power
for my use. That said I'm sure there's better deals out there than I paid since I was
in a rush to replace. I've had no warping issues. Have about 13k miles on them so
far.

Last edited by stenerson; 01-17-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:54 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Ive got ceramics on mine but the main reason i went to them was for less brake dust on my rims. Chrome rims and brake dust dont look good together. But they do stop well and I have no complaints. At almost 78K on my truck, I still have my OEM rotors. My pads are from Autozone, are lifetime warrantied and cost about $60 each for the front and back. They are called C-max. They come with new clips and grease.

Also, i pull a 16ft trailer several times throughout the year.

Last edited by weedahoe; 01-17-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:24 AM
slimvela
Professional

I also went with AZ lifetime ceramic pads, but alas chose to go with cross-drilled/slotted rotors from an ebay retailer over stock replacement rotors.

Improving brake performance is the first upgrade I do to every vehicle I have ever owned.

There are many options available from a multitude of vendors, and many will chime in as to which they feel are best. Do some research of your own on top of listening to others experiences with products. What works for some may not fare well with others.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 AM
QUICK

I and a few others purchased the front and rear rotor and pad combo from "BrakeMotive" on ebay. My combo cost 275.00 and came with Brembo zinc plated drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads. Shipping fast and they are working great!

Old 04-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Marklorenzo
Veteran

Brake motive has brembo rotors? Does anyone have a link to these? I am in the market for upgrading all the way around.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Ben D.
Champion

Hawk HPS pads front and rear can be had for around 150 online, Their quiet slot front rotors are about 200/pair. I havn't looked into rear rotors for my truck yet

Old 04-10-2011, 10:53 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Rotor Wise, I think Best bang for the Buck is Brembo Blank.
Pad wise, I recommend staying awaying from Autozone stuff. I never had Luck with them, either the Stopping power sucks, squeaks like no tomorrow, or ABS kicks in like crazy.
and for the Price of the Autozone C-Max, you can Buy OEM V-line, should be $62 from the dealership, also Lifetime waranty, and you Gurantee the stopping power is about the same as a New vehicle.

Aftermarket wise, brands like Raybesto, Akebono, Wagners, Bendix, etc... has good reputation.
If you want little more performance, Hawks, EBC, has great reputation, Tirerack carries them. But They Warp ur rotors...

Old 04-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Marklorenzo
Veteran

I have heard of some guys here on forum using packages on ebay, anyone have a review on them from ebay?

Old 04-11-2011, 12:08 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The best pad/rotor combo I had was Hawk/Power Slot. Now that being said, I cheaped out and got Autozone rotors (Duralast?) when I upgraded to SRT-10 front brakes. When I put the Dana in it has the original rotors which have about as much wear as my fronts. This works out nicely because then down the road I can upgrade all 4 at the same time. The front rotors are pretty good (they're huge) and work well with their premium pads.

Quick Reply: Brakes