3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Plastidip finally!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 04:05 PM
lance0206
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cjs4444
Oh and also either paint your headlights or get the night runner ones.....
yaeh I planned on doing something with the lights Id light to paint but dont know anything about that!!!
also what prep did you do for your bumpers and grill? did you paint them on the truck?

Love the look blacked out but just wondering how much of a pain it would be

Old 01-18-2011, 04:09 PM
cjs4444
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes i painted them on the truck, just taped real good. i just cleaned them and then sprayed them. the stuff is holding up great. But i think im going to go the bedliner route....there is this product called Sem, and they make a kit which comes with everything....i thought about doing it all again with that stuff as i want to do my bed as well. I found a guy on another site who did his rockers with the stuff as well....Dirtydog has said the product is a good one, just depends what look you want.....not sure if you have a 4x4, but if you dont i would either stick with the glossy plasti-dip or look at doing color matching sport bumper.....but as Hammer told me not too long ago, with more black you add your truck will start to look like it cant make up its mind....so just pick a direction and go with it. But i think with the air ram on the hood black, either do you badges black or take them off..

Last edited by cjs4444; 01-18-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Plastidip finally!!