3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Best way to level a truck??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Jake283
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to level a truck??

Hey i have a 2004 dodge ram 1500 2wd and i was wonderin whats the best way to level out my truck? at first i was gonna do coil spacers but im hearing that it makes the ride a little stiffer, but is there any other way i could do it that wouldnt mess with the ride?? and if anybody knows of a good 3 inch body lift the comes with the bumper brackets and everything i need included with it could you give me a link to it.
thanks, Jake

Old 01-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Matt99
Champion

the best way is spindles. look at airbagit.com

PA makes a body lift for your truck. You could find it cheaper.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05...Q5fAccessories

Old 01-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Jake283
Rookie

Originally Posted by Matt99
the best way is spindles. look at airbagit.com

PA makes a body lift for your truck. You could find it cheaper.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05...Q5fAccessories

Thanks bro, and do the coil spacers really make the ride that much worse or is it even noticable?

Old 01-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Matt99
Champion

its noticeable. I would have gone spindles if I would have thought about them at the time. Its the way to go.

The spacers degrade the ride as they get taller, but you will get a more level stance and a better ride overall from spindles. If you factor in shocks, they dont end up being THAT much more.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Jake283
Rookie

its noticeable. I would have gone spindles if I would have thought about them at the time. Its the way to go.

The spacers degrade the ride as they get taller, but you will get a more level stance and a better ride overall from spindles. If you factor in shocks, they dont end up being THAT much more.

well the spacers i was looking at were the ones you gave the website to
http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/_dodg...011-p1740.aspx

and in what ways do the spacers feel stiffer? like when hitting a bump?

Old 01-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Matt99
Champion

ohh I didnt recognize your name, I remember now.

The spacers feel stiffer in all driving. They compress the coils, allowing for less compression. Bumps are when you really feel it, but even everyday driving has a different feel to it.

With yours being an 04 and you looking at 2in spacers, it not that big of a deal. You wouldnt be dissapointed. Im just telling you that the best way to level is spindles, and I would have gone that way myself if I had it to do over again.

If your budget is super tight (like mine was) then just go ahead and do spacers. You could always throw spindles on later and have 5in of lift up front!

Old 01-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Jake283
Rookie

ohh I didnt recognize your name, I remember now.

The spacers feel stiffer in all driving. They compress the coils, allowing for less compression. Bumps are when you really feel it, but even everyday driving has a different feel to it.

With yours being an 04 and you looking at 2in spacers, it not that big of a deal. You wouldnt be dissapointed. Im just telling you that the best way to level is spindles, and I would have gone that way myself if I had it to do over again.

If your budget is super tight (like mine was) then just go ahead and do spacers. You could always throw spindles on later and have 5in of lift up front!

Okay thanks man. ill prob go with just the spacers since i am gonna have a tight budget. then get spindles when i have more money, im gonna do it all this summer, im gonna do the 2 inch spacers then the 3 inch pa body lift, then put some 35's on some 18's, it will be a while from now but ill make sure to put pictures up on here when im done with it. Thanks again.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:36 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm curious, how is a body lift going to level your vehicle? Or are you thinking level kit AND body lift?

Personally, for only 2" of lift I would get the spacers. Spindles are better for more lift, but at only 2" I don't think the ride will degrade much at all. If money is no object, go with the spindles, but don't be afraid of spacers, either.

I am by no means an 4x2 expert, but I've lifted a good many coil over 4x4s, including my own Grand Cherokee (2" coil spacers at all 4 corners, aka BB or Budget Boost). I have far better shocks than were on it stock, so I think my ride quality is better even after the coil spacers than it was stock...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 01-30-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Jake283
Rookie

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I'm curious, how is a body lift going to level your vehicle? Or are you thinking level kit AND body lift?

Personally, for only 2" of lift I would get the spacers. Spindles are better for more lift, but at only 2" I don't think the ride will degrade much at all. If money is no object, go with the spindles, but don't be afraid of spacers, either.

I am by no means an 4x2 expert, but I've lifted a good many coil over 4x4s, including my own Grand Cherokee (2" coil spacers at all 4 corners, aka BB or Budget Boost). I have far better shocks than were on it stock, so I think my ride quality is better even after the coil spacers than it was stock...

Yea im gonna put the level on and the 3 inch lift, sorry to confuse you, and thanks, im pretty tight on money so im gonnna do the spacers, thanks

Old 01-31-2011, 08:57 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Just dont forget the alignment afterwards.

Quick Reply: Best way to level a truck??