3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Crazy gas mileage.My truck eating grass around the road.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 11:56 PM
freestyledude
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try actually doing the math for a tank of gas and see what you get, that gauge is always off.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:09 PM
girota
Default gas mileage

Hi guys.Im back with my gas mileage problem.I remove that cheap ebay chip long time a go and i try use my remote starter less.My truck have over 153000 miles and i never change my O2 sensor and i change my spark plugs when my truck has 70000 miles.Last week i change my O2 sensor,spark plugs and i clean throtle body and i change throtle body gasket.After that i drive my truck all week looking for some changes and nothing.Same poor gas mileage.Around 8.5 to 9.5 miles per gallon.I know i have that big 35 inch nitto mud grappler but i just try do everything for better mileage.Today i see some guy on the forum say when he change Map sensor on his ram he got 3 to 4 miles more per gallon.My question is do you have some experience with changing map sensor and better mileage after? Let me know please .Thank you.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Lifttruck
Rookie

What is your driving style? The smoother and less aggressive you are on the throttle the better your fuel economy will be.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:35 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by girota
... mileage... Map sensor on his ram he got 3 to 4 miles more per gallon.My question is do you have some experience with changing map sensor and better mileage after? Let me know please .Thank you.
No single thing will improve your mileage that much. It's doubtful changing the MAP sensor will make much difference at all. Are you getting any codes?

Old 11-13-2011, 08:54 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

First of all plugs should have been changed every 30k miles, not 70k! 100k Max on O2s, not 150k. I think your shoddy maintenance combined with those big/wide meats, a Tad underpowered and probably undergeared heavy truck are all combining to give you crappy gas mileage. With late maintenance you are probably getting blow-by in the cylinders as well which wastes gas...

Old 11-13-2011, 10:11 PM
girota

I check my maitenance book and i buy that truck with 70K miles and i change spurk plugs, but i find out i change that plugs in the 124K miles again.My driving style is not bad.Im not that agrresive driver.I try go easy on my truck.I have check engine light on last few weeks but that happend every year and i always change my fuel cap and that light disapear for another year.So you think that map sensor not gonna make much difference?after how many miles i must change that map sensor?Or i dont need change map sensor never till i have some code?

Quick Reply: Crazy gas mileage.My truck eating grass around the road.