3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Got Ride of the Dodge.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 11:51 PM
nussdawg395
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And this is what happens when you show your buddy this thread to rip on him for selling his ctd for an avalanche and leave the room for a minute. Oh well. Sorry for the bs post.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:22 PM
bamataco
Veteran

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Not unfortunate. He found something better he likes. Not all of you here will keep a Ram for the rest of your lives. I grew up with Olds and used to build and restore them. Later in life I changed. Im looking at buying a 63 2dr Chevy Impala right now and restoring it. So my point is things and people change.

With the MPG that the Ram gets, i cant blame anyone for changing.
That is true I used to buy nothing but Chevies and GMC's. I only stopped because of lots of problems with them. And I actually only came to buying Dodge because at the time I needed a diesel truck for my buisness.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Plainbroke
Veteran

I agree with the fuel mileage the Dodge products are getting especially the trucks, I will go back to my Fords when time to replace it..

Old 04-21-2011, 07:56 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I used to be a Furd guy. Had a diesel (7.3 Powerstroke) and the powertrain was rock solid, I just couldn't keep front end components in the thing. Trailered a bass boat all over most of the southeast with the thing. Front end was so bad that the dude behind the counter at my local auto parts store started to bring up the screen to order me a ball joint every time I walked thru the door.

Traded that in for a '97 F150 4x4, 5.4L. MY LAST FURD, EVER! Dropped a piston with 14k miles on it. The ensuing arguments with the dealer and Furd regional service rep led me to get a lawyer. First it was that my body lift and cat back voided the engine warranty, then when I threw Moss/Magnuson in their faces, it was that the truck was abused! Seemed I abused the hell out of it by towing all of a 3000 lb. boat & trailer. Lawyer wrote one letter and they fixed it right away, seems it was all an unfortunate misunderstanding and they intended to warranty repair it all along - YEAH RIGHT!!!

I will say that of the seven full size, 8 cylinder 4x4 trucks I've owned in my life, it did get the best gas mileage - when it ran...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 04-21-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Got Ride of the Dodge.