3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Need Help with Rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Dipndot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Rims

Need some advice on rims that have a -12mm offset, or a little bit more than that, i'm looking for black with with polished aluminum accent. I've checked onlinetires.com, discounttire.com, tirerack.com, and several more sites to try and find them in my bolt pattern, 5-5.5, but the only rims I find in that pattern are +20mm offset which wont work with my 35 inch tires.
THANKS FOR THE HELP

Old 02-25-2011, 04:44 PM
miketrock
Rookie

So what is your question or what do you need advice on ?? What are the other specs of the wheels you're looking at or want ? Generally speaking wheels that are : 17" x 9" or 20" x 9" with around 4.5"-4.75" of backspacing with a -12mm offset works good. The -12mm offset sticks the wheels out farther......the +20mm brings them in and tucks them under the truck closer. Others of close or similar specs might work, too..... 17" x 8" works...I think my stock 20" wheels have around 5" or 5.5" of backspacing , but I don't know the offset of them.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:06 PM
nkyhemi
Rookie

try 4wheelparts.com Go to the wheel section and follow their directions on selecting your rims and that should help you out . Also tryhttp://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp this gives a better idea on what your looking at and for.

Quick Reply: Need Help with Rims