3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My Ram is a POS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Gasturbine
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDG103
ok....seriously....now this is getting out of hand....
How so?

look you got a ram, now its havin some issues, ok so what, everyone has issues with there trucks.
Not as many as I have had given the mileage.

unfortunatly you got a lemon. so stop complaining or talkin ISH about it.
BS! This is a forum for Dodge trucks. I can post my issues with my truck here. Not only is it on topic, its exactly what forums are about. If you are so insecure or ignorant to expect only "nice" or "positive" posts to a forum, you are not being realistic. Go read the TOS.

you say you used to be a mech. so then fix the problems, and tools shouldnt be an issue at all.
This thread is not about me fixing the truck...its about a Dodge truck that has had many mechanical issues, over a short period of time/mileage. The prices I quoted from professional shops, are an additional issue in itself, to indicate the bad engineering of said repair.

if you dont like what we have to say then leave the forum
LOL! Im not a book burner pal. And frankly, I dont really care what all people say. Ill kick this right back at you...if YOU dont like what I say, then YOU leave the forum, otherwise, if you dont like what Im saying, simply dont read my post!

Sheesh.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by Matt99
this is the most illogical rant I think ive seen since I joined this site.
How can the posting of facts be "illogical"?

From the replys it seems like its never going to be righted, either. We might as well give up.
You dont make any sense. To "give up" would indicate a "solution". The is no "solution" to someones position.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by areinike
The worst car I ever owned was a Pontiac a.k.a. GM .. it goes both ways.
Yes...I owned one...I repeat...one GM car. Never again.

But I like their trucks. Ive always had a truck...my first was a '69 Chevy C-10. I wish I would have kept that one.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by Gasturbine
How can the posting of facts be "illogical"?

You dont make any sense. To "give up" would indicate a "solution". The is no "solution" to someones position.

posts like that second one are what I am talking about in illogical. Giving up does not indicate a solution, and the phrase (in context) is pointing at the fact that you will continue to argue no matter the arguments or facts given to you, so there IS NO SOLUTION for us so we might as well GIVE UP. That makes perfect sense. People do not give up/quit when the solution is there and simple, they usually give up when there isnt a solution

I mean, I guess the solution to our problem (problem being you being somewhat ignorant and rude) is to give up. Not trying to be mean or a ******** or anything, but you are coming here, ranting about how bad your truck is, and then arguing with us (who talk about this stuff everyday) about it not being normal and being so out of the ordinary. Rams were NOT many of our first trucks, and many of us switched over due to issues with other brands

That said, this thread will be closed pretty soon I think. Its pretty much out of hand. If you need to rant anymore get it in quick!

Old 02-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Gasturbine
Professional

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
If the original owner didn't abuse it, I wouldn't worry too much about the tranny going on you...
I got the feeling the tech was talking from experience.

Hammer, have you ever heard of any ongoing tranny issues in Hemi trucks?

Old 02-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Gasturbine
Professional

posts like that second one are what I am talking about in illogical. Giving up does not indicate a solution, and the phrase (in context) is pointing at the fact that you will continue to argue no matter the arguments or facts given to you,
WTF? Im not arguing about anything!

I mean, I guess the solution to our problem (problem being you being somewhat ignorant and rude) is to give up.
What am I being ignorant about? Please provide exactly. And I reply to folks the same way they reply to me.

Im not so stupid to realize that posting something negative in a forum will bring out the defense in some people...I can see that, but what I dont get, is people who attack me on it.

Listen, I currently hold a low opinion of my truck right now. I also posted the FACTS surrounding that position. Hammer and other chimed in professionally and have stated they dont share the same opinion of their truck, and havent had the problems I have had. They have also agreed that I (may) have a lemon.

That said, this thread will be closed pretty soon I think. Its pretty much out of hand. If you need to rant anymore get it in quick!
If so, it would be because of posters like yourself, who try to put out fires by throwing gas on them.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:48 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gasturbine, I can sympathize with all your troubles. There are only a few members here who have had similar problems with their Dodge product. I'm on my fourth Dodge truck and all combined have not had nearly the problems you have.

On the other hand, I can only recall one GM product I've owned which was as trouble-free as my Chrysler products. I had an Oldsmobile Cutlass which had a healthy appetite for alternators (three in as many years). My Mom had a '95 Buick LeSabre which went through four water pumps and five alternators in 195K miles. Her '03 LeSabre needed a window regulator and it only has 42K.

My F-150 also had a sizable alternator habit as well as horrible mileage.

My point is - all of them have issues. My experience with GM junk is so bad, I'll never buy another one.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Matt99
Champion

First of all, Ive been on here and participated in a few threads. I know what gets a thread closed and what is acceptable. I havent thrown any gas, Im just explaining what you are asking me to explain.

Heres a quick example of being ignorant. You are griping about changing 30k rated plugs at 30k. First of all, the two sets of plugs are different materials and you change them accordingly. Second, if the plugs are rated at 30,000 miles the dealer will tell you they need to be changed at 30,000 miles, not 40k, 50k, or whatever. You have to change them just like you have to fill your tank up.

And how are you not arguing? I just scrolled up and there is quite a bit of arguing between THE FORUM (members in general) and you. I will post dictionary.com def of argue.
–verb (used without object)
to present reasons for or against a thing: He argued in favor of capital punishment.
to contend in oral disagreement; dispute: The Senator argued with the President about the new tax bill.
–verb (used with object)
to state the reasons for or against: The lawyers argued the case.
to maintain in reasoning: to argue that the news report must be wrong.
to persuade, drive, etc., by reasoning: to argue someone out of a plan.
to show; prove; imply; indicate: His clothes argue poverty.

Im done spending my day off on this. I will go help people fix their problems instead. Good luck with your truck.

Last edited by Matt99; 02-26-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:05 PM
socket462
Rookie

Great thread! I am getting dizzy reading it from it going in circles- but the entertainment factor is thumbs up!

Old 02-26-2011, 01:14 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... First of all, the two sets of plugs are different materials and you change them accordingly. Second, if the plugs are rated at 30,000 miles the dealer will tell you they need to be changed at 30,000 miles, not 40k, 50k, or whatever. You have to change them just like you have to fill your tank up...
Um, all sixteen plugs are the same. NGK 5306, Champion XXX, Bosche XXX, whatever. 30K is the stated interval, but they'll go 40 or 50 without too much problem (my C got plugs at 49K, the gaps were around .0050) My Ram was in dire need at 86K.