3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Damn Pine Sap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Speedaholic
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 02-27-2011, 08:38 AM
tedberchtold
Rookie

had the same damn problem a couple years ago, rented this house that had a white pine in the front yard beside the driveway and i started noticing the sap drops all over my car in the mornings!
anyway i found that "GOO-B-GONE" worked well.
i believe wall mart has it, comes in a clear yellow plastic bottle with a black cap. at least the bottle i have does (may have changed).
i tried a bottle of bug n tar remover first and all that did was **** me off!
good luck

buddy of mine tried that all purpose laquer thinner and 2 months later his paint bubbled!

Last edited by tedberchtold; 02-27-2011 at 08:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-27-2011, 09:38 AM
nussdawg395
Veteran

Same problem at camp. We park by a row of pines and if you dont pay attention you get globs of sap. Like tedberchtold said goo gone works really good and also I've used wd40 and its really worked great.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:26 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Now you know you KNEW better than to part out there around pine trees......tisk tisk tisk

Old 02-28-2011, 12:17 PM
bamataco
Veteran

Originally Posted by tedberchtold
had the same damn problem a couple years ago, rented this house that had a white pine in the front yard beside the driveway and i started noticing the sap drops all over my car in the mornings!
anyway i found that "GOO-B-GONE" worked well.
i believe wall mart has it, comes in a clear yellow plastic bottle with a black cap. at least the bottle i have does (may have changed).
i tried a bottle of bug n tar remover first and all that did was **** me off!
good luck

buddy of mine tried that all purpose laquer thinner and 2 months later his paint bubbled!
I'll second that Goo-B-Gone is good stuff.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:54 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Well I bought a bottle of the Goo-B-Gone but my local auto parts store only carried it in a tiny bottle and it wasn't cheap so I also bought a big bottle of the Turtle Wax Heavy Duty Bug & Tar Remover.

Started with the tar remover and it put a dent in it, but was a LOT of work. Even after letting it "soak in" it didn't have any problem with the thinner spots and the smears from the wiper blades, but even hard rubbing with a terry towel only seemed to smear the big globs.

Went to the Goo-B-Gone and let it soak in the big globs for a good 10 minutes then really worked at it with terry cloths which got most of it off. The little bottle is completely used up.

I then did a good wash with soap and water to get the chemicals off. Now it's mostly dry and I can see that I got about 80% of it off. After 2.5 hours on the project I'm done for today.

I think I'll go to Wally World tonight as I know I've seen it in larger bottles there for not much more than I paid for the tiny bottle at the auto parts store.

Tomorrow I'll go at what's left with Goo-B-Gone and maybe something a little more abrasive than just a terry towel. Maybe a course sponge or a teflon safe scrubber, re-wash it and then hit the whole thing with a coat of wax.

TREE SAP SUCKS!!!

Old 02-28-2011, 01:27 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

LOL.....glad you were able to get it all off.

Quick Reply: Damn Pine Sap!!!